XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

I counted 7 people here with FIFA (5 in the first league plus avernus and nofriendo) so I made the second one 8 people in case anyone else got it.

Dudley search for 'THUMPED 2', I'll pm you the password now.

I see Mass Effect has been reviewed by Game Informer. They pretty much wet their pants because of it. 98/100.

Yup I got the 360 one, when i had more money than sense.
Supposedly it upscales normal dvds but i didn't notice much difference.
I wouldn't bother getting any HDDVD's that weren't actually shot in HD.
I'm looking forward to watching 300 and planet earth on it but apart from that I would say it isn't really worth even the relatively cheap price for the 360 one, unless you are a really serious movie bufff with a good screen.

Orange Box rollcall...

I'll be getting this tomorrow and will be online for TF2 saturday afternoon and late night

Yup I got the 360 one, when i had more money than sense.

I wouldn't bother getting any HDDVD's that weren't actually shot in HD.

whoa whoah no no no. when you develop a film neg you get about 75% of the information on the celluloid. when you scan it at HD you get 100% of the info.

plus old films when theyre being scanned to HD are cleaned up considerably.

so all films on HDdvd played through a HDtv are going to look far far better, regardless of whether they were shot on film or HiDef.

(thats a very long story short by the way)..

I got a HD-DVD for cheap in Japan. HD-DVD's look great, normal DVD's look a bit better too, to my untrained eye. Lack of region locking is a plus as well.

I'm stuck in a hotel in Nass tomorrow day/night so I'll be picking up the orange box on my way home, should be on by mid-afternoon Saturday.

I'll be getting it, but (still) shit broadband means I'll only be able to game from around 11:30pm onwards or so if I'm there.

so all films on HDdvd played through a HDtv are going to look far far better, regardless of whether they were shot on film or HiDef.

(thats a very long story short by the way)..

that's what hollywood wants you to think!
Buy all your favourite dvds all over again.

I'm sure they do look better (especially if you have a fancy bravia and full 1080p ) and it might be worth the extra expense for a few movies that have had care put into the transfer, like the new blade runner is supposed to ( but could also make it worse by revealing special effects flaws.).

800px-UHDV.svg.png

I can't help but think this whole "Ultra Mega HD 1080p ULTRA HD fuck" stuff is bullshit. You will definitely notice the difference between HD and analogue, but is the difference between 1080i and 1080p etc really worth the stupid amount of money you'd have to pay for it?

Watched Black Hawk Down on a regular Sky digital signal last weekend and it looked awesome enough for me.

The difference between standard def and high def is huge and i personally love watching movies in HD.

But as far as i'm concerned 720p = 1080i = 1080p. Its all the same from what i can gather. The whole full hd thing is a bit of a con.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back