XBox 360 (3 Viewers)

bit the bullet and picked up an elite and bioshock today. can't wait to get some more decent games and smack talk online.

Picked up bioshock today and went home and put it on the shelf as my 360 is off being repaired.
Or so I thought!
2 hours later, there's a knock at the door and a UPS guy is there with my 360 or rather a brand new 360.

They mustn't have been able to fix my one or something.

Hows that for a pretty good friday?

Played Bioshock for an hour or so and it's making me wish I had a HDTV.

Good news, Wilbert! You can get bitchin 42" HD LCDs for under a grand. You know it makes sense.

Holy fuck it's actually living up to all my expectations. The start is kind of an anti-climax due to the demo, but I'm a few hours into it now and it's fantastic. Telekinisis rules! I haven't even got a a big daddy yet.

It's so good I've almost forgot about game fucking up my collectors edition pre-order. Pricks.

The tin edition is nice enough though.

Oh yeah and it looks lovely in HD. No tearing or slowdown at all so far.

Got mine for 55 euro in X-tra vision with the metal box.

I may have to rethink my Masterpiece comment above.
Don't get me wrong it's the best FPS I've played since Half-life but the jury's out on the Vita chambers thing after your killed.

On the one hand it might take some of the challenge away. On the other hand it can alleviate the frustration of going back to the start of a fight.

Having said that, it pretty much scores full marks in every single other aspect of the game.
The fights against the Big daddies are intense.

Attachments

• 1981-11-21_big.jpg
    1981-11-21_big.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
Elite2.jpg

Friend of mine works for a particular game shop in town told me last night that much to the (somewhat understandable) chagrin of one guy who pre-ordered his deluxe Bioshock none arrived in the shop and he refused to leave for 30 minutes until he got his copy.

"Do you want me to run down to *name of competing store* to see if they have a copy for you?"

They did get plenty of Elite's in. Didn't sell a single one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back