XBox 360 (2 Viewers)

tempted alright. my 360 crashes every now and then, but i get no red lights so i dunno if it would be right to trade it in without getting it sent off for preemptive repair first....

I'd say they're all going back to Microsoft anyway.

GAME and Gamestop would be mad to try to sell on that many potentially dodgy consoles, there must be an agreement between MS and retailers.

yeah, probably

The leaflet Game are giving out says to go to xbox.com/en-gb/support to get a data transfer cable for moving your 20gb drive contents to your new 120gb drive, but there's no mention of it there. It IS on the US xbox support site though, and it's free, but you need to print out a form & fill in the serial numbers from both the old & new consoles before you can send off for the cable....

A bloke in Game said they're honouring the 210 trade in price if you buy the Elite outright then bring the Premium back in after you've migrated the data...

yeah, probably

The leaflet Game are giving out says to go to xbox.com/en-gb/support to get a data transfer cable for moving your 20gb drive contents to your new 120gb drive, but there's no mention of it there. It IS on the US xbox support site though, and it's free, but you need to print out a form & fill in the serial numbers from both the old & new consoles before you can send off for the cable....

A bloke in Game said they're honouring the 210 trade in price if you buy the Elite outright then bring the Premium back in after you've migrated the data...

hmmm...messy.

can you use the mem card just to transfer the saves? so borrow someone elses for a day

hi pete

also, what happens to the games you've downloaded? heard some nasty rumour that you need to re-download 'em each time you want to play them on the new machine?? or you have to be logged in or something

If you get the cable, everything transfers.... BUT it also wipes the new HD during the transfer process, so you'd lose anything saved on that.

What gets me is the fact that its a networked device - why can't we just backup to a PC then restore to the new HD????

If you get the cable, everything transfers.... BUT it also wipes the new HD during the transfer process, so you'd lose anything saved on that.

What gets me is the fact that its a networked device - why can't we just backup to a PC then restore to the new HD????

Microsoft are money grubbin control freaks.

Why not just buy an elite today and use your regular hard drive on it till the transfer cable arrives, transfer onto 120 gig drive and then trade the premium into GAME.

Bioshock collectors edition:

bioshock_le.jpg

Why not just buy an elite today and use your regular hard drive on it till the transfer cable arrives, transfer onto 120 gig drive and then trade the premium into GAME.

bioshock_le.jpg
ah i might pick one up when i get back from galway. we'll see....

It's bioshock day!

Loving Space Giraffe more and more, it's totally worth sticking with. Over two hours of non-stop rinsin last night. Best XBLA game by mile if you ask me.

bioshock_le.jpg

Just picked mine up and ya dont get all that fancy stuff. you get the game, making of dvd, soundtrack and the figurine. No fancy gold case etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back