XBox 360 (12 Viewers)

Oh shit!!! Is this for realz?

EDIT: Sweet jesus, i thought that was for the whole US/European account shit. My fuckin heart. That's nuts though, the whole machine becomes banned. Insane.

US only video marketplace content is now blocked to the rest of the world.

in fairness, if its a modded console that allows the use of copied games why shouldnt they ban them from xbox live. as long as they dont take it too far. They did the same with the original xbox

Looking through some of those forums, a rather alarming problem has arisen. What if your refurbished console (and many of us have them at this stage) gets banned? It's not like we were the ones who were fiddling about with it. Apparently this has happened already to guys who bought 2nd hand 360s or got theirs "fixed" after the 3 red lights problem.

Looking at the severity of that message on the screen, I'd imagine Microsofts policy is pretty much zero tolerance. If you're banned, you stay banned.

Looking through some of those forums, a rather alarming problem has arisen. What if your refurbished console (and many of us have them at this stage) gets banned? It's not like we were the ones who were fiddling about with it. Apparently this has happened already to guys who bought 2nd hand 360s or got theirs "fixed" after the 3 red lights problem.

Shit that could happen to me. My recent gamestop replacement has a hitachi drive and has a May 2006 manufacture date. Knowing my luck with this bastard...

The way Microsoft have handled many aspects of the 360 to date, I would not be surprised if "I got banned for no reason!" is the new "I got three red lights/my cd drive is scratching my games" story.

There's a thread on the 360 forums about people's non-modded 360s getting banned, it's about ten hours old and has 460 replies.

There's also a thread asking if people in the UK with US accounts will be banned, there's a debate about it but nothing that says if this has happened.

The way Microsoft have handled many aspects of the 360 to date, I would not be surprised if "I got banned for no reason!" is the new "I got three red lights/my cd drive is scratching my games" story.

Jesus. Imagine the logistical nightmare for Microsoft trying to sieve out the legit from the dodge. Seems impossible to me. This is very messy.

There's a thread on the 360 forums about people's non-modded 360s getting banned, it's about ten hours old and has 460 replies.

There's also a thread asking if people in the UK with US accounts will be banned, there's a debate about it but nothing that says if this has happened.

What a fucking shit storm!

I love what this guy said.

i got the "altered" xbox code and my xbox has never been "altered". So i guess i got to save up 300 dollars to get a new 360. Oh wait make that 600 dollars so i can get a PS3 ]

I'm all for this. Less people on live means less people who can kick my sorry arse at games.

He didnt like it because there were too many people who could kick his sorry arse :eek:
Pretty much!

Nah I liked it. I mean I have no idea what I'm doing, and it is really just another fps deathmatch with jumping and vehicles. But I really enjoyed the few games I had yesterday. I'll have another couple of hours on it this afternoon before I head off to London, see if I get any better.

I seem to start off OK, get a few kills at the start and hold a respectable position, the all of a sudden I haven't killed anyone in a few minutes and I'm 15 kills behind.

The party system could be good if a few of us on here have the beta and want to have a laugh together.

Who else has it??

Pretty much!

Nah I liked it. I mean I have no idea what I'm doing, and it is really just another fps deathmatch with jumping and vehicles. But I really enjoyed the few games I had yesterday. I'll have another couple of hours on it this afternoon before I head off to London, see if I get any better.

I seem to start off OK, get a few kills at the start and hold a respectable position, the all of a sudden I haven't killed anyone in a few minutes and I'm 15 kills behind.

The party system could be good if a few of us on here have the beta and want to have a laugh together.

Who else has it??

I think Wilbert has it.

We so have to get a clan together for Halo, as I reckon most of us will end up getting it. Who cares is we're shit, it'll be a laugh.

I think Wilbert has it.

We so have to get a clan together for Halo, as I reckon most of us will end up getting it. Who cares is we're shit, it'll be a laugh.
Will we be like the wu tang clan? Bagssie I'm ODB.

And yeah I'm actually pretty impressed with the common sense approach to playing with your mates. You get together as a party first, then it goes looking for games for you.

Hang on I'll go looking for my stats on bungie.net, that'll give everyone a laugh...

The main thing with halo is to get to know the maps and where the weapon spawn sites are. Once you have that it makes things easier!

The main thing with halo is to get to know the maps and where the weapon spawn sites are. Once you have that it makes things easier!
Well I think they have really balanced the weapons out, or so I'm reading on forums. Saying that dual wielding the spiker gun is pretty powerful.

I think the biggest thing will be effective use of the items that you can deploy with the x button - bubble shield, fatigue drainer, verticle leap pad etc. They all seem very useful, once you know how to use them.

Also I have no idea how to use the vehicles.

The change is not what will get you banned. We've been speaking to someone who claim's to have some technical insight into the update. His claim's are that the new update gives the dash the ability to dump the eeprom to do crc checks on area's. He said that the instant the update was ran, it was checked and flagged if data was altered. One of the main reasons I believe him is because he mentioned the fact that the 360 now takes about 3 seconds longer to boot. This would definitly be a result of dumping the eeprom and checking. MS will now start rolling 'waves' of bans over the next few weeks, and not all at once. I think they do this for their support staff, publicity, and image.

So, likely, the console was flagged already, and changing wont do anything at this point. All of the heads are togeather on this one, and we should know more about the routines being passed between the drive and the console in the next two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back