XBox 360 (4 Viewers)

Looks like it. I'll lose my achievements, game saves etc in spite of the hours i spent on the phone trying to change my billing location to Ireland. Also my 360 is kinda fucked too and gamestop won't take it back.

Hah, the ps3 looks tempting now. Reliable and none of this online hassle.

Why won't gamestop take it back???

Also can you not just setup a new account and pay a few quid to move the achievements/saves across?

Gamestop said any disc scratching issue has to go through microsoft. That was over the phone this morning and i wasn't in the mood to argue.

How do you move the achievements/saves across?

upgrade to an elite and you get a data transfer thingy

This the way i understand it:

Your live account; achievements, friends list, other info... is stored on microsoft servers.

Then theres my console account which stores my game saves, preferences etc.

I can only access my game saves if i'm signed into the console account that they were saved on and if that account is banned from live then they're kinda useless.

If i sign up for a new account i start from scratch and i can't access the game saves because i'm not signed in as the user that they're associated with.

Well there are always ads on live saying change your gamertag and transfer your achievements over for a small fee, maybe if you do that you can change the location as well?

As far as I know XBLA stuff is account based, if you change they should move with you.

Gamestop said any disc scratching issue has to go through microsoft. That was over the phone this morning and i wasn't in the mood to argue.
`

Never deal with the shops, i went straight to MS with mine and had it back in a week. Just keep calling MS until you get someone helpful. I got through to some useless shits and hung up on them. Eventually i got through to a scottish dude that sorted it for me.

`

Never deal with the shops, i went straight to MS with mine and had it back in a week. Just keep calling MS until you get someone helpful. I got through to some useless shits and hung up on them. Eventually i got through to a scottish dude that sorted it for me.
I've heard the exact opposite. If you go to MS chances are you'll have to wait weeks, get a re-conditioned console, and a 30 day warranty. Go to the retailer within the year and you should get a new console, straight away, and with a further years warranty.

`

Nah Dave, always go to the shop. I'm on my second xbox, i went back to Gamestop and got a replacement on the spot.

With MS they repair the xbox which mightnt totally fix it and its gone for sometimes months.

Ask Johnnyc or read some of the many nightmare stories on boards.ie

Anyway i'm 100% sure that if i went back to Gamestop and was very firm with them i'd get a replacement...but its hassle. and this live account shit is hassle.

The irony is that with the ps2 i chipped it and as a result spent next to nothing on it, spent hundreds of hours on it and it never gave me problems.

Now i've gone the honest route and spent a ridiculous amount of cash on this xbox and its given me a fair share of hassle.

Regarding the elite; hdmi doesn't interest me and what am i gonna do with 120 gigs when 13 is more than enough? Also as far as i know the elite is just as noisy and made from the same cheap ass shitty unreliable components as the regular 360.

well i can only talk from what happened to me. i got my 360 straight from the MS warehouse so had no shop to go back to. MS sent it back within 7 days with a free HD. But in saying that my problems happened just after launch and maybe MS were good because they didnt want any bad stories/press happening at the start

The power supply blew two or three times in my ps2, and the DVD playback was always screwed, they weren't without their problems!

Whereas nintendo consoles will outlive humans and cockroaches.

I just read this:

"While they've tried squeezing this practice out previously, this is the first time I've seen them actually put it in black & white. Your XBL accounts are going to be locked to the region your console is: any accounts created that try and say otherwise will only be allowed to download content from your console's region."

So maybe you might not loose anything but just get your account locked to europe, which is what you have been trying to get them to do for ages

I just read this:

"While they've tried squeezing this practice out previously, this is the first time I've seen them actually put it in black & white. Your XBL accounts are going to be locked to the region your console is: any accounts created that try and say otherwise will only be allowed to download content from your console's region."

So maybe you might not loose anything but just get your account locked to europe, which is what you have been trying to get them to do for ages

ahhh...that would be ideal. Thanks for finding that dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back