Will The Dudley Corporation be changing its name... (1 Viewer)

The events of last night on the telly

Thanks for the welcome, Volks. (Tsk, tsk, Rothko: forgetting one's own Christian name is a sure sign of... er, atheism.) Krith and Konnor, how the phuck are you? Billygannontelly, how's she hangin'?

Anyone watching telly last night? There was a documentary about TEOS11 (punk band name - anyone?) on RTE which featured tons of footage I'd never seen before. (By way of explanation: I don’t know whether this was "new" footage or not, just that I hadn’t seen it before. This was in large part because on September the 10th of last year a heavily em-boozed friend of ours pulled the TV off its stand and broke it. It caused us considerable grief. We refer to it as "The event of September the 10th".)

But my point: there was one shot of one of the WTC towers which was utterly remarkable. It gave what looked like a frontal view of the tower; I realised then that most of the shots I’d seen had seemed to be of one or other of the sides. I'd never noticed how WIDE the tower was. The way this one shot was composed the tower seemed, uncannily, to have proportions that were very similar to those of a human face.

Then when the tower collapsed, the whole thing seemed to fold inwards. Briefly, it looked as if a huge face was scrunching itself up in disgust or revulsion.

Originally posted by chriths
feels like dad is back from the war.
bags get his slippers and pipe!

Ah yes, I see the problem: you're referring to the well known painter Mark Rothko. Actually I was talking about that well-known jellier of eels and former You Eth envoy to Mothco, Marc Rothco.

It's all in the seas or, as Chrith would say, the theeth.

Originally posted by rothko
oh

I see what you did there.

it's actually Mark Rothko tho'
not Marc Rothko

That would be silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back