why are there so many threads started by men on thumped about how shit women are? (1 Viewer)

Worst apology ever. Just stop and think next time you feel like crying 'misogynist'.

And my signature is from Police Squad and it's amazing. If a boxer said that to me before a fight I'd throw in the towel there and then.

right, my computer in work is a mac and is crap, i must have thought your signature was your post. apologies.
shit signature though.

Apparently development agencies involved in microfinancing are more interested in granting loans to women because studies have shown that they either spend the profits on their families or put them back into the business, while men tend to spend it on hookers, get AIDS and pass that on to their families.

Quote, unquote: a random UN employee in Neary's.

I wonder if he made it up.

Worst apology ever. Just stop and think next time you feel like crying 'misogynist'.

And my signature is from Police Squad and it's amazing. If a boxer said that to me before a fight I'd throw in the towel there and then.

Look, i said I got it wrong. I thought your signature was your post. And if it had been your post, I would have said the same thing, obviously.
You don't agree with me, can't I disagree with you and say I don't like your signature?

I think the implication is that "Gender issues probably do exist in the 3rd world and possibly exist in the 1st world, but it's really boring and a total downer when people talk about it on Thumped. So, like, quit whining and post about 80s rock bands. Sake."

interesting how the people complaining about a discussion being boring (and would they go up to a bunch of people physically having the same conversation and do the same? i think not) are often the same people who trot out the "just ignore it if you dont like it" line when it comes to defending their own obnoxious behavior.

Apparently development agencies involved in microfinancing are more interested in granting loans to women because studies have shown that they either spend the profits on their families or put them back into the business, while men tend to spend it on hookers, get AIDS and pass that on to their families.

Feeling pretty bad about being a guy right now

You accused me of spewing 'misogynist bilge'. I really did not appreciate the accusation particularly given the theme of the thread. If you dont like my signature that's a rather different gender-struggle-neutral and completely pointless matter but dont include it as a lame ass disclaimer to somehow dilute how wrong you were.

Grand so.

Look, i said I got it wrong. I thought your signature was your post. And if it had been your post, I would have said the same thing, obviously.
You don't agree with me, can't I disagree with you and say I don't like your signature?

Quote, unquote: a random UN employee in Neary's.

I wonder if he made it up.

ive heard this too - i think its true. (not without exception of course...)

You accused me of spewing 'misogynist bilge'. I really did not appreciate the accusation particularly given the theme of the thread. If you dont like my signature that's a rather different gender-struggle-neutral and completely pointless matter but dont include it as a lame ass disclaimer to somehow dilute how wrong you were.

Grand so.
in the context of the situation, I (wrongly) thought that you had posted that as a reply to what I had said.
In the context of the situation, I thought you were using violent imagery to aggravate me.
Like I said twice, I was wrong. But those are the reasons I said what I did.

Bookshop around the corner from me wouldn't hire guys because girls are apparently better workers than guys. It went out of business a few months ago.

all the above is true with no exaggeration.
Sexism is everywhere.

Yeah, my last job I worked for a company and had to sort out my replacement because I was leaving (thank feck). As I was giving him the low down on the bajillons of cv's that had come in, my boss said, yeah we don't need to interview any of the male applicants. When I called him on it he said he wouldn't hire a man for the job because in his "experience" women were more reliable, organised, dedicated, trustworthy, dependable etc. i.e. he could "trust" a woman (yeah, thanks for the "compliment" fuckface) to run the whole fucking show while he was off sailing his dinghy around Howth Head. Man that job sucked.

So does anyone have a maybe workable solution to the problems with possible sexism/bigotry/homophobia on thumped?

Seriously like.

yes I edited this post a lot in the last minute

Yeah, my last job I worked for a company and had to sort out my replacement because I was leaving (thank feck). As I was giving him the low down on the bajillons of cv's that had come in, my boss said, yeah we don't need to interview any of the male applicants. When I called him on it he said he wouldn't hire a man for the job because in his "experience" women were more reliable, organised, dedicated, trustworthy, dependable etc. i.e. he could "trust" a woman (yeah, thanks for the "compliment" fuckface) to run the whole fucking show while he was off sailing his dinghy around Howth Head. Man that job sucked.
Now if someone mistakes your sig for your post we really will have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back