Where Do We Draw the Line? (1 Viewer)

darknothing

Art has always been very important to me painting, drawing, writing poems, acting, you know all thoughts lovely arts learned in school, but for me that is not where it stops the human body is a great work of art ever since birth.
Your hair, long short, straight, or curly. Your eyes blue, brown, hazel, or green. Skin, skin with endless opportunities.

I have been reading everything I could find on BME these people so lovely, every single one a work of art. I love my tattoos my piercing and my ...cutting. Cutting is all my anger, pain, and art coming out at once.

Myself and one of my best friends have been cutting our self’s for many years. She has been cutting for about five years. I have been for about nine years. We love and we compare al the time, but lately it hasn't been enough for her. She has been thinking about getting an amputation. She wants to get a finger on each hand and a toe on each foot amputated. She thinks this would make her much more beautiful. When she told me I wasn't shocked I just wondered "why?” why would anyone want to change his or her physical beauty (now looking back I feel like a hypocrite cutting tattooing... etc is changing my body.)

I started looking around on BME for other people who have taken body mod. To the next level. To the point were there is no way to go back even tattoos (though painful and expensive) can be done away with.

I was reading the article " Adding and Subtracting" and was utterly confused by why a person, a living breathing person would make him self what other people wish they weren't. Some people are born with extra body pats and then try vary hard to get rid of this "abnormalities", but Ryan this "normal" (not that thoughts people with birth defects are not normal.) human being want an extra am.

What kind of though sparks an idea like that? The thing that stands out most to me is not Ryan who thought it would be artistic to have an extra arm and extra long finger, but the other brother Dave. Dave is Ryan’s twin brother who is accepting of his role as spare parts for his brother's "art".

I in some was find this form of art twisted, and not to the people enduring these procedures but in with extra limbs, toes or what ever it maybe. The people who lost limbs or body parts in accidents. These people are going out of their way to look like some one who is thankful to be alive.

My friend and me have both been looking in to this for about three months. She has decided on some simple scarification, but the idea of cutting away the "bad parts" and making every thing perfect.

I guess in it's twisted way it is no worse than thoughts people who get boob jobs, face lifts or any other cosmetic surgery, and as the human body evolves I guess here is some artistic ness to it all.

The world is changing. I love change so I suppose that at some point or another I to will come to find this a new way of art.

I am not trying to insult anyone who has done or helped in one of these procedures. I am not trying to stop any one from getting involved with amputation. I am just saying that people really need to research this just like a body modifications it is one of the, if not the mot dangerous of all the body modifications I have ever seen.

Every day modifications go bad. Every thing from scarification to ear piercing go in to an awful realm of infection and health problems. So all I am asking of my friends and people who may read this is just because you think a modification in cool or a work of art. Please get all than information you can. Find out about who can legally do the procedure, or who has training to make it safe. Find out about other people who have gone though the same thing or as close as you can. Find out where it will be done and always find out about side effects and after care. You need to look in to all of these, and anything else that would be involved in any kind of medical procedure.

There are so many different kinds of body modifications all of course have their risk and complications. Some of the procedures we looked in to were amputation, castration, implants, and scarification.

You may think I am to young, to inexperienced to understand what I am talking about but I am mealy stating an option about what I see and how I feel about these modifications. You may disagree with my thoughts. Something I may have said maybe was wrong or may no longer be true due to things changing in the world every day. I am vary sorry if anyone has felt offended by what I have to say, but I really felt like I had to write this, and if I can’t speak about this here were can I. Were else is it safe on the net to speak my mind about these extreme types of body modifications.

Please if you have any comments, complaint, or suggestions to my friend or me please fill free to email me about anything.

oh and the artical about the brothers was a aprils fool joke but people do things much like this all the time...

darknothing said:
Myself and one of my best friends have been cutting our self’s for many years. She has been cutting for about five years. I have been for about nine years. We love and we compare al the time,

Pretty fucked up friendship. A good friend would encourage you not to cut yourself.

darknothing said:
but lately it hasn't been enough for her. She has been thinking about getting an amputation. She wants to get a finger on each hand and a toe on each foot amputated. She thinks this would make her much more beautiful.

This is a joke, right?

spiritualtramp said:
Pretty fucked up friendship. A good friend would encourage you not to cut yourself.

This is a joke, right?
does it seem like a joke....the only joke is that thebrothers artical was a april fools prank

hag said:
stop cutting yourself. it's worse than highstreet fashion. and kirstie.
did you read the whole thing because if you had of my cutting would be nothing to you and it is called play for a reason....

for all of you who have a problem with my cutting please check out bmezine.com

what do you call it when a bunch of kids do stupid stuff and tell each other about it and how amazing and strong they are for doing it? fashion.

I really don't think it's a good idea for you guys to be making light of something that's pretty serious.

yo cut off your f'n hand and replace it with a hook

have you any idea how fucking cool that would be?
what was that Nuggets band...the barbarians? i dunno. the drummer had a hook.
so cool.

spiritualtramp said:
Yeah but a website says it's cool so y'know
well, i know lots of websites that say hot sex with large-breasted women is cool, but you don't see me running off and doing that now do ya? hey? do ya?

sigh....fuck fingers and toes...might as well cut the baldy lad off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back