whelans (1 Viewer)

eoinbox said:
its impossible to load out anyway, they start ramming the place with cunts quicksmart. backstardos. not to sound like an old woman, but the place is a fire hazard at the weekends when they have the club on. even a big gig; the numbers just arent safe. the wiring is ancient, and the place is made of fucking wood. if there was a fire onstage, youre two exits are through a couple of hundred pricks clogging up the stairs and bar and back door, or through the equally rammed front bar. bad buzz

yeah its no rosheens....

I, for one, am glad. Gives me a chance to get home early and get some kip.

Man-Sleeping-2-%5BConverti%5D.gif

Anthony said:
my favourite part of playing whelans is carrying a marshall head through the clubbers. The looks you get.

Full Of Pricks
I prefer carrying the bass drum myself. With bags full of leads on me back.
Knock em down, its the only way.

The reason I was told was that they were losing too much money on the club with the bands playing late. I don't know what that means. It's been that way since january apparently. Nowt to do with the residents. They love it.

Me? I like Whelans. I go in, I go to a corner of the smokin area and that's where I stay. The night comes to me. I can have conversations, while still being able to ignore people I don't like. Best spot around, all in all.

i've an amazing idea, why don't we all boycott whelans and other venues with dodgy admission/late club policies take back the dublin music scene for ourselves! yeah!

seanc said:
The reason I was told was that they were losing too much money on the club with the bands playing late. I don't know what that means.

Neither do I since they take all the cash at the door from 10.30 onwards.

If there was a venue you could have from 8 till 2.30 it would be way better.

I think people should look into running gigs in fibbers and sking for dj slots afterwards.

Seriously

brian.html said:
If there was a venue you could have from 8 till 2.30 it would be way better.

I think people should look into running gigs in fibbers and sking for dj slots afterwards.

Seriously

Let's all chip in and buy our own venue.

Tis pretty shit alright. Playing there next week. On first of three bands with a lovely slot of 7.45 - 8.15. You wouldnt even be finished Soundchecking on a normal night in a normal venue! All this early bollix just so cunts can "dance" and drink the night away and not even go to the gig!

It boggles the mind. :confused: :confused:

There's been some iffy dealings with them revoking special booking the venue offers without notice, allegedly, I stress.

brian.html said:
Really?
That wasnt a slight on them,I actually dont know them.
wellity wellity well, i guess your oracle powers are acting up subconsciously again eh'? prick. now that wasnt a slight on you, more on tesco's.

eoinbox said:
wellity wellity well, i guess your oracle powers are acting up subconsciously again eh'? prick. now that wasnt a slight on you, more on tesco's.

Do you run it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back