Imaginary interactions with a queen (1 Viewer)

my wife was getting her eyebrows done in an eyebrow bar once and the queen arrived in to have hers done. said she was polite but not much of a conversationalist.

I split a pill with the queen in the temple bar music centre in November 1999

funny that as its also the queen's fav band. This is her favorite song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My gran would talk in a posh voice at any official engagements - meaning weddings, graduations etc
Introduced to anyone with a title, and she'd go all grand. Like full RP BBC 1950s announcer shit.
Talk about a code switch.

So in a way, I feel I have spoken to the queen. And she liked her liver.

my grandaunt died about 5 years ago, a couple of months shy of 105. she had lived in england from about her 30s or 40s; but when she hit 100 a friend of hers decided to apply for the £100 and telegram from the queen - it's not automatic anymore. her friend ended up on the phone to someone from buckingham palace who was trying to explain that ellen couldn't get the telegram, because she was irish - her friend was protesting that she'd lived in england for about 60 years and had paid taxes, yadda yadda. no good.
then her friend had a thought, and asked 'what year was ellen born?' and ended up having to explain to this slightly incredulous official that ireland was under full control of the UK when she had been born, so would have been a full subject, which they had not known. and they stil refused to budge.
another of ellen's friends was horrified that the first friend had spoken to a member of the royal household in a disrespectful manner. ellen thought it was hilarious.

my grandaunt died about 5 years ago, a couple of months shy of 105. she had lived in england from about her 30s or 40s; but when she hit 100 a friend of hers decided to apply for the £100 and telegram from the queen - it's not automatic anymore. her friend ended up on the phone to someone from buckingham palace who was trying to explain that ellen couldn't get the telegram, because she was irish - her friend was protesting that she'd lived in england for about 60 years and had paid taxes, yadda yadda. no good.
then her friend had a thought, and asked 'what year was ellen born?' and ended up having to explain to this slightly incredulous official that ireland was under full control of the UK when she had been born, so would have been a full subject, which they had not known. and they stil refused to budge.
another of ellen's friends was horrified that the first friend had spoken to a member of the royal household in a disrespectful manner. ellen thought it was hilarious.
That is a fantastic story!

I just wrote this song

Woh oh
Woke up this morning
Closed in on all sides
Nothing doing
I feel resistance
As I open my eyes
Someone's fooling
I've found a way to break
Through this cellophane line
Cause I know what's going on
In my own mind
Am I lizzy in a box
Am I lizzy in a cardboard box
Am I lizzy in a box
Am I lizzy in a box
Life goes in circles
Around and around circulating
I sometimes wonder
What's moving underground
I'm escaping
In my own mind
Am I lizzy in a box (lizzy)
Am I lizzy in a box
(lizzy)
(lizzy)
In my own mind
Am I lizzy am I lizzy am I lizzy
Am I lizzy am I lizzy am I lizzy
(In a box)
Am I lizzy am I lizzy
Am I lizzy in cardboard box
Am I lizzy in a box
Am I lizzy am I lizzy
Am I lizzy in a box

The Queen was the one who bootlegged that Daft Punk show at the Red Box and I got a copy direct from her when she used to post on the Faust-list in the early 00s. I wonder has @DaftPunkRedBoxDublin reached out to her? Oh wait, too late for that...

My gran would talk in a posh voice at any official engagements - meaning weddings, graduations etc
Introduced to anyone with a title, and she'd go all grand. Like full RP BBC 1950s announcer shit.
Talk about a code switch.

So in a way, I feel I have spoken to the queen. And she liked her liver.
My nana did this while talking on the phone.

I remember me and @Lili Marlene were at the first Popical Island all-dayer upstairs in Whelans and the queen of england walked in while Land Lovers were playing

but then she left cos she was looking for the mighty stef gig in the main venue downstairs

Yeah her sister was the only indie bet wetter in that family. She liked harder stuff. Phil was a big name in the London crust punk scene

I keep thinking of all the things she didn't get to do
Like she never went to the Sugar Club (apart from that time Jen saw her there), she never went to a rave and felt that euphoria in common with a thousand people, and not a one of those royals were ever in a pub that had a session or a sing-song on, or sang along in unison with a crowd to your favourite song at a concert, or queued in a chipper at night on one of those times when there was good banter, never wandered through town at 6 in the morning and found a coffee shop just opening like an oasis, or hooked up with someone and then spent the whole next day in bed with them telling each other stories about your life and fucking, or walked into some restaurant or club and your friends were there and they all yelled out your name - and you felt genuinely loved, or struck up an idle conversation with someone on a train and it was actually good instead of being awkward, or got on a bicycle in a foreign city and know you could go anywhere at all and no one knew you. Or you fucking name it really.

Not a one of them has had a human experience that wasn't choreographed or velvet roped or where everyone in the room wasn't looking at them in some way, or trying not to look at them.

And good enough for the pricks, I say

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back