What's the most you've ever paid for a record / cd? (1 Viewer)

Wow. I've never even heard of that band. If any of my records were worth loads I'd have no hesitation is selling them. I'm happy enough with represses.

This is the most I've spent on one record: €99 for a beautiful original, mint copy of
http://www.discogs.com/Alexander-von-Schlippenbach-Globe-Unity/release/1879277.
I paid €75 for a VG+ original copy of this one:
http://www.discogs.com/Manfred-Schoof-Sextett-Manfred-Schoof-Sextett/release/3928064
Great records and all, but they're part of a collection I'm compiling, I'd never have spent that kind of money otherwise. I don't mind repressings either but for these records I reckoned they'd keep their value better than repressings. Also both of them have info on the sleeves which is unobtainable elsewhere. I've framed some of them...cheesy, but I love seeing them.
Never sold anything on Discogs, but I'm going to start fairly shortly...need to take a look at a few of my records, see if there are any worth more than the price of the plastic.

Wow. I've never even heard of that band. If any of my records were worth loads I'd have no hesitation is selling them. I'm happy enough with represses.
i've been slowly uploading details of my collection to my discogs account.

there's a feature that allow you to see the max., min. and median value of your collection (based on sales history through discogs) - currently €35k, €15k and €23k respectively, for c.1600 items. 20 of them average €70+. 8 of my 20 priciest items are mountain goats records - none has been repressed.

i could do with €23k right about now...

The other day myself and herself were in Tower. She picks up and album she's though about buying for a while, it was €16.99. After much humming and hawing she put it down. "It's a bit dear isn't it, a tenner, yea".

i've been slowly uploading details of my collection to my discogs account.

there's a feature that allow you to see the max., min. and median value of your collection (based on sales history through discogs) - currently €35k, €15k and €23k respectively, for c.1600 items. 20 of them average €70+. 8 of my 20 priciest items are mountain goats records - none has been repressed.

i could do with €23k right about now...

That's huge! I actually sold most of my collection a couple of years back. I cut it down to what I love which is soundtracks, Turkish pysch, African disco and psych, Vangelis and Prince. I've always been a collector, but I just collect stuff that I'm really passionate about. The only reason I'd spend 400 on a Carpenter record is that it's a total piece of history and I've been obsessed with Carpenter since I was 13.

So, just to be clear it's cause I'm just a bit of a weirdo

The other day myself and herself were in Tower. She picks up and album she's though about buying for a while, it was €16.99. After much humming and hawing she put it down. "It's a bit dear isn't it, a tenner, yea".
prices have gone up. i increasingly don't have this reaction anymore

edit: but yeah, i get it alright

Last edited:
I'd definitley buy more expensive records if I saw the ones I'd want in shops. I've never spent big in a single item online/mailorder. I@ve no problem with it. I've also gotten so many expensive records for cheap,patience can pay off.....sometimes.

I've never paid big money for lps, I love to collect but I'm not really into that total collector buzz of having to have certain records. Not yet anyway. Though I was recently tempted by a near Mint first pressing of The Fall's Live At The Witch Trials; I think it was going for about €60, which on reflection I should have bought!
Mad. I got this on ebay about ten years ago for a 10er or less maybe. First pressing, NM. One of my first ebay purchases. Prices have gone mad in last few years. Around the same time got the twin peaks ost LP for a 5er. Now goes for 30/40. Not a monumental rise in price but nonetheless a pain in the hole

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back