What's the most you've ever paid for a record / cd? (1 Viewer)

The most I ever spent on an album (as opposed to a box set) is about GB£70 for Coil's Time Machines about 10 years ago.

Just did that cost calculator thing on discogs and my collection (2100 items) has these vital stats:
  • Minimum:
    €24,385.74
  • Median:
    €39,207.34
  • Maximum:
    €61,467.76
Most expensive thing is a Coil DVD box set that has sold for over a grand (thought the median is down around €600). Most surprising stuff is Nick Cave vinyl with Let Love In and No More Shall We Part both having gone north of €200 at some point.

just wait til mini ammonis arrives...

The most I ever spent on an album (as opposed to a box set) is about GB£70 for Coil's Time Machines about 10 years ago.

Just did that cost calculator thing on discogs and my collection (2100 items) has these vital stats:
  • Minimum:
    €24,385.74
  • Median:
    €39,207.34
  • Maximum:
    €61,467.76
Most expensive thing is a Coil DVD box set that has sold for over a grand (thought the median is down around €600). Most surprising stuff is Nick Cave vinyl with Let Love In and No More Shall We Part both having gone north of €200 at some point.

I've dropped off buying majorly over the past few years anyway. I probably buy as many albums in a year now as I used to buy in a month.

Anyone intending spending at the record fair this weekend?

where's that at?

Irelands BIGGEST Record Fair.

This Weekend in Dublin.

NEW OPENING HOURS SATURDAY!!! NEW VENUE SUNDAY!!!

13/03/2015 Friday

Music, CD & Record Fair, Filmbase, Temple Bar 5 - 9 pm

14/03/2015 Saturday

Music, CD & Record Fair, Filmbase, Temple Bar 10.30 - 9pm

15/03/2015 Sunday

Music, CD & Record Fair, The Button Factory, Temple Bar 10.30 - 6pm

FREE ADMISSION TO ALL ON SUNDAY!!!!

www.irishrecordfairs.com

the value of yr existing records might drop too though. i have a rare, once-valuable andrew chalk LP that my middle kid managed to scratch both sides of in one move when he dragged it off the turntable with the lid closed.
I've dropped off buying majorly over the past few years anyway. I probably buy as many albums in a year now as I used to buy in a month.

I got it for $20 I think probably 11 or 12 years ago. It appears to be the most valuable item in my collection which is worth a whopping...

Minimum: €2,608.30
Median: €4,136.97
Maximum: €6,351.08

pinky.png

I spent 30 odd punts on Laughing Stock by Talk Talk on CD. You could only get it on import back in the day as it was after they were dropped by their label and put out on the jazz label Verve. Totally worth it too.

€35 (plus €10 postage) on a NM vinyl copy of Tri Repetae by Autechre, about 3 years ago. Thought it seemed like a lot at the time, seems like a bargain to me now. Most of the stuff I buy is under the €20 mark though.

I'm a life long music fan & will be until I clock out, but paying big money for records/CDs is ridiculous IMHO. I read some of the audiophile & record collector forums and some of the money people are paying for things is just crazy. It's kind of like, cyber peer pressure.

Paid €28 on ebay for the limited edition two-disc version of "Levitate" by The Fall a few years ago.

Total accident, entered the wrong maximum amount when embroiled in a last-minute bidding war. Nearly had a canary when I saw how much it cost me.

A few years down the line though, I'm glad I own it.

During the tiger I almost bought a copy of The Maids Back to Bataan NM for €250..got out bid at the last minute.

The only record I ever considered paying mad money for.

Its one catchy tune.

And id I ever have the chance..I would still buy it and get a record player just to play that and my 4 other singles on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back