What's the most you've ever paid for a record / cd? (1 Viewer)

11024782_10205168367242116_3830716456777326389_n.jpg

It seems to have become one of those holy grail albums like Mellow Candle. You have to keep hoping to come across a box of them in an attic some day and getting rich quick.

I have possibly asked this question somewhere here before, any of ye own a copy/know of someone with an original copy of Loudest Whisper's Children Of Lir? They are from my neck of the woods in Co Cork. Have never seen a copy, only 500 pressed originally in pretty suave suede type sleeve which apparently ages terribly with wear if not looked after, so even finding a fresh copy is pretty much impossible. obviously, they're worth a fortune in good nick. was in a second hand book/record shop recently, this album cropped up in conversation with the guy behind the counter. Apparently the main lad from the band was in relatively recently trying to track down an original, he doesn't own a copy.
I have a sun dazed reissue. Nice album

I don't think I have ever paid as much as €40. I think €36 is the most I have paid.
But I was in tower a few months ago and looking for All things must pass by George Harrison and they were asking for €120 FFS
On sale at €90(!) at the moment. Good album but no thanks.

is it any good? must have a listen online, know of it for a long time but have never bothered to listen to it.

(just listening to album opener now, features some Dave Swarbrickesque fidil playing)
the vinyl kind of sounds like it was recorded in a the room next door.

but the same can be said for the very early Thin Lizzy stuff I suppose. The sound of early 70's irish rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back