Whats a fair rate for a graphic design job? (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

I've been asked to source printing and carry out the design of two leafletts and two posters for an orgaisation in the voluntary sector. How much should I charge? The print job won't be costing more than 400 Eur, so how much should I take for design? If its an hourly rate, then whats the average?? Advice appreciated...

25/30/35 per hour depending on your experience...probably. I've never been good at working out quotes.

Depends on the job really. If you're gonna charge them very little then it's hardly worth your while doing the job in the first place. You're providing a vital service so don't undersell yourself. 30 - 40 an hour is a fair price for a job that's gonna take a good few hours. Just ask yourself how long it's gonna take, how much you would like to be paid and how much you reckon they will actually pay you. When you take all those factors into account it's easier to come up with a fair figure.

You've just got to walk a fine line between screwing yourself over by asking for too little and asking for too much and scaring the client off!

:eek:

I recently asked for 40 an hours on a pretty indepth job and got it. But when the job became several hours longer than had originally been thought I didn't charge them for the extra labour. Two days later they offered me another job. If you reckon you can get more work off em in the future or they are likely to spread good word of mouth about you, then do them a good deal. Just don't undersell yourself too much or when the shit hits the fan at 2am (as it often does when working freelance) you'll be asking yourself "What the fuck am I putting myself through all this for when I'm getting paid peanuts!"

yea, it's a tricky one. I despertely try not to contribute to "rip off ireland" but it becomes very difficult when you live in it.

Add 12% or something to your print quote for your "finders fee" and add it to your bill. Don't tell different clients what you are charging them. You'll often have different fees for different clients based on various things like how fast they pay, how much work they give you etc.

Thanks a million for this, I'm off to do up the qoute now and will keep what ye said in mind.

james, putting a price on your labour?

you should occupy your pc and run it as an autonomous collective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back