What you been listening to this week? (4 Viewers)

some range of great music churned out by this woman. only around 30 years old? great hour highlighting it

Last edited:
Wilco. Haven't listened to them in quite a few years. Went off them big-time but catchy, comforting, well executed music is what I feel like right now. Trying to decide which of their albums is the best. When I got into them years ago I was all over Ghost Is Born and Yankee Hotel but wasn't really interested in the more straight-ahead country-rock stuff. Now I'm leaning towards Being There and Summerteeth.

Wait. You getting google to pick a random number between 1 and 5 for you?

Sorry, 5 stacks.

Generating between 1 and 500. The first digit picks the stack, the last digit picks where in the pile I pick from, i.e. 5, pick from the middle; 2, from near the front, if it's a 0 pick the first album from the pile, if it's a 0 pick the last one.

Listening to a new Best Show related show where the four of them go through the entire output of Crosby Stills Nash and Young.
Only one episode so far and they're discussing they're Pre-CSNY lives.
I don't know anything about them. They're a bunch of characters.

New Strokes album.

Some very nice guitar playing, not sure what the point of the Strokes in 2020 is though, aside from when they played with Bernie.

Finally checking out the 2018 Remix of Clutching At Straws by Marillion. There is a few subtle changes but overall it has modern levels and clarity. Fish's vocals are much clearer, he sounds brilliant, there are lyrics I could never make out before that are clear. This is a 33 year old well produced album that always sounded great.

They recently release a deluxe version of Script For A Jester's Tear, their first album which includes a 2020 Remix. Interested to hear that when it hits the ol' streaming. It's only available at the moment in an elaborate box set for big bucks.

My review of the new Fiona Apple album:

I sincerely hope I don't have to own a vinyls with that artwork on it.

I listened to Air - Moon Safari twice. First time playing this in years. It was soooo overplayed in the late 90s but it seems enough time has passed. Really enjoyed it.

I'm listening to John Cale's 'Music For A New Society', his best.

I felt like getting a fancier (than foobar2000) looking music player for my pc today so I downloaded this app called Roon, its basically just a fancy mp3 player app but it costs €9.99 per month! Fuck that, it's nice but I'm definitely not going to forget to cancel before the free trial runs out. What do you lot use? Don't say itunes.

I'm listening to John Cale's 'Music For A New Society', his best.

I felt like getting a fancier (than foobar2000) looking music player for my pc today so I downloaded this app called Roon, its basically just a fancy mp3 player app but it costs €9.99 per month! Fuck that, it's nice but I'm definitely not going to forget to cancel before the free trial runs out. What do you lot use? Don't say itunes.

Winamp or vlc

I listened to Air - Moon Safari twice. First time playing this in years. It was soooo overplayed in the late 90s but it seems enough time has passed. Really enjoyed it.
listened to the EP released prior to that for the first time in an age during the week. very much a primer for Moon Safari. Even has a tune from Moon Safari on it (without the vocals worked into a track added to the album).

Virgin Suicides is a cool listen I went back to during the year. Really great. Don't think I appreciated how good it was back in 2000 or whenever it was

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back