What you been listening to this week? (5 Viewers)

Listening to the Danzig Sings Elvis album. Assuming he going for Elvis in 1977 it's a very accurate tribute!

Chain Of Strength- what holds us apart 7"
Chain Of Strength-what holds us apart 7"
Drunk Injuns-from where the sun now stands lp
Infa Riot- still out of order lp
Bernie Marsden-and about time too lp
Robin George-dangerous music lp
DOA-hardcore 81 lp

Listened to Black Pumas album on a proper stereo and loud... suddenly it had the bang of Hozier and Adelle about it. It's still decent enough but not in the same way I felt about it on computer speakers at low volume in work.

This song popped into my head and I've been listening to it on repeat.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can’t be having that. It’s probably number four of the first four LPs. Still great mind you.

I just listened to Fables and Murmur a few days back.
Murmur probably has more memorable tunes but I keep going back to Reckoning more often. I love Life's Rich Pageant but it's a little uneven and already moving a little bit towards more a stadium rock kind of band that they would become. Which is grand but just not as good an iteration of the band as the magical first couple of years. I actually don't have Fables, must pick it up.

Murmur probably has more memorable tunes but I keep going back to Reckoning more often. I love Life's Rich Pageant but it's a little uneven and already moving a little bit towards more a stadium rock kind of band that they would become. Which is grand but just not as good an iteration of the band as the magical first couple of years. I actually don't have Fables, must pick it up.

I hate condemning a band to the dreaded "you've never done anything as good as your debut" syndrome but there really is something unique and special about Murmur for me. All the others of the first four records have amazing moments and amazing songs but are all a little bit patchy in parts whereas Murmur is pretty much perfection from start to finish. I do love Reckoning also.

Oh you have to get Fables. It’s the most unique of the first four albums, much murkier. It’s great in its own way. It also has one of their absolute best songs IMO in Maps and Legends. There was a lot of misreporting that the band hated it, but apparently not, and I think that fed in to it being overlooked subsequently.

I don’t agree that Life’s Rich Pageant is uneven - I actually think both LRP and Murmur are more consistent than Reckoning, which has the most throwaway songs. Sure there you go.

I hate condemning a band to the dreaded "you've never done anything as good as your debut" syndrome but there really is something unique and special about Murmur for me. All the others of the first four records have amazing moments and amazing songs but are all a little bit patchy in parts whereas Murmur is pretty much perfection from start to finish. I do love Reckoning also.

Murmur is incredible. Probably overall my favourite album.

Murmur is incredible. Probably overall my favourite album.

I never conciously listened to it before. Stuck it on yesterday out of curiousity and 'side 2' this morning. first two songs no clickly, by about the 5th song I'd gotten into the vibe and was really enjoying it, even though it sounds like all my college rock nightmares rolled into one.

Oh you have to get Fables. It’s the most unique of the first four albums, much murkier. It’s great in its own way. It also has one of their absolute best songs IMO in Maps and Legends. There was a lot of misreporting that the band hated it, but apparently not, and I think that fed in to it being overlooked subsequently.

I don’t agree that Life’s Rich Pageant is uneven - I actually think both LRP and Murmur are more consistent than Reckoning, which has the most throwaway songs. Sure there you go.
I have a love/hate relationship with 'Rockville' but other than that no throwaways for me. I'll get on Fables and get back to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back