What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Finished AMC’s The Terror. Good stuff. One of the best tv shows in a while. Maintained my interest right to the end, which is rare in the Netflix age. Had tons of atmosphere, great sets and a whole bunch of great character actors. Jared Harris an excellent actor

Theseus Mock

Threads
Lost in Space - the new Netflix one. Enjoyable. Loved the cunt doctor character.

Hitoshi Matsuomoto's Documental. Amazon Prime, 4 eps. Only S1 translated into English. 10 comedians chip in a million yen each (~7.5K euro). They're confined to a room for 6 hours. Anytime they laugh/smile, they're eliminated. Last man standing gets all the money. Unfulfilling end but I imagine they worked out the kinks in the later seasons.

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Finished AMC’s The Terror. Good stuff. One of the best tv shows in a while. Maintained my interest right to the end, which is rare in the Netflix age. Had tons of atmosphere, great sets and a whole bunch of great character actors. Jared Harris an excellent actor
Halfway through this now, really liking it

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Yeah there’s a certain charm to their sitcoms when they embrace that quaint English eccentric style of humour. They’re rubbish at drama for the most part.
Geez I don't know about that last bit. I think their detective drams Poirot, Morse, Lewis, Vera, and Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) etc are outstanding. I hear Broadchurch was great too.

Midsomer Murders (esp John Nettles era) was a perfect blend or drama and "quintessentially English" quirky tone.

In summary, and in the spirit of the day that's in it, up the brits. god save Charles and camilla. huzzah.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Threads
Website
thumped.com
NOT LONG NOW

27-Sep-2018 20:00 The Good Place 03x01 Everything Is Bonzer! Part 1
27-Sep-2018 20:30 The Good Place 03x02 Everything Is Bonzer! Part 2
04-Oct-2018 20:30 The Good Place 03x03 The Brainy Bunch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads