What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

started watching the shape of water last night; it's incredibly twee. the amélie-style quirkiness is layered on with a massive trowel. i've only made it ten minutes in so far.

The Post. Interesting enough story but overall it was a bit too Hollywood. Not enough detail on what was contained in the files and so many scenes scream "this is a movie" (particularly the war/protest backdrops). Spielberg by numbers. Although Meryl Streep is wonderful as ever.

A screener of I Love You Daddy is online. I watched the first half hour last night. I thought what I watched was funny but there’s loads of bits that make you cringe given the stuff that’s come out about Louis CK.
Like there’s a bit where an actress is being talked about by Louis CK and his mate and his mate starts miming masturbation for about 30 seconds and it’s really uncomfortable.

Saw shape of water last night, thought it was great.

I'm not a Del Toro fan, that's not to say I dislike his films, but he's not one of those directors who makes me go to see a film just because their name is on the poster but it was his own idiosyncratic flourishes that really made the film for me. Each time I was settling into the film comfortably and thinking i knew what was happening next because I've seen hundreds and hundreds of films over the years something Del Toroish happened to take it in a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back