What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

[QUOTE="Bernie Lomax, post: 1693909, member: 7235"Riz Ahmed [/QUOTE]

I didn't realise till last night that it was him. I'd probably seen him in 4 lions prior to it coming out but I didn't realise it when I first saw it. I like Rene Russo in it too

[QUOTE="Bernie Lomax, post: 1693909, member: 7235"Riz Ahmed

I didn't realise till last night that it was him. I'd probably seen him in 4 lions prior to it coming out but I didn't realise it when I first saw it. I like Rene Russo in it too[/QUOTE]
And the late great Bill Paxton is given less to do but is memorably sleazy

Saw The Commuter on Friday night, and Liam Neeson was there! He’s very tall!

Enjoyed the movie. Most of the big names in the cast are barely in it at all - I spent most of the film wondering where Sam Neil was, but that was mostly his beard’s fault.

Just finished Hired Gun in the second sitting. Better then expected. Some nice footage and good chats. The jamming parts are painful though. Fast forward city....

The Post. It was ok. You can live without it.
There was a horrible trailer on before it called 12 Macho men, or something like that. Real 'murica eff yea stuff. Seemed like the kind of film made because execs realised that there is a huge market for this shit. Halfway through The Post... oh right this is the exact same thing.

Watched Molly's Game. It had it's moments, Jessica Chastain is watchable as ever, but overall doesn't really deliver. I don't think Sorkin's much of a director. The music for one is atrocious.

At the weekend.

Prevenge - watched this with a pregnant woman who wasn't having a great day. Seemed to cheer her up.

I then set myself the challenge of watching Screams 1-3 since they were on On Demand.

Scream - Plenty of nostalgia. Would be good if the two baddies were not complete saps. Left feeling uncomfortable when the credits roll and Harvey Weinstein's name appears.

Scream 2 - Lame 2.

Scream 3 - I had a couple of beers with this and thought it was good fun. Parker Posey steals the show as usual.

Courtney Cox's hairstyles are the real Screams of this series, am I right?

I watched the Disaster Artist. This film sits in a weird place now with Franco, but I did selfishly enjoy spending time with Tommy.

i feel like i should watch dunkirk some time since it got so much praise but i really don't feel like it
It’s a movie I feel like I could have not bothered seeing it when it came out at the cinema and watched it for the first time five years later drunk at Christmas on ITV with all the ad breaks and everything and still felt the same way about it which is totally meh.

i feel like i should watch dunkirk some time since it got so much praise but i really don't feel like it

I'm a bit iffy on Nolan in general, and I have little inclination to watch a "yay brits" film (never ever going to watch Darkest Hour) but it was the only thing in the cinema one afternoon when I had some time to kill. I thought it was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back