What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Our 12 yr old watches unusual netflix choices for his age, Fargo, The Crown etc. So we watched the film Fargo with him last night. I'd forgotten how funny it is. Also the series being like 10 hour films made the film Fargo seem really short. As well as the fact that all films these days are 30 - 40 minutes too long. Anyway, fargo = a classic.

Our 12 yr old watches unusual netflix choices for his age, Fargo, The Crown etc. So we watched the film Fargo with him last night. I'd forgotten how funny it is. Also the series being like 10 hour films made the film Fargo seem really short. As well as the fact that all films these days are 30 - 40 minutes too long. Anyway, fargo = a classic.

The Coens always seem to go for about 100ish minutes running time, I think they've only made a 2 hour film once or twice, it's something I really like about them.

It's super, I loved it, although

at the end, the whole ohhhhhhh New York is so great, very similar to the stuff in the movies Gerwig often acts in bugged me a little bit

I kind of thought the opposite, in that the brief glimpse of it painted it as being very full on and overwhelming, and sneery, she was immediately mocked at the party with the dude she was flirting with. It all made her really need to reconnect with how much she loved Sacremento in that speech about driving around it for the first time.

Suburbicon. George Clooney does the Coen Brothers. I know this is based on their script but this is the most blatant copy of the Coens style I’ve ever seen. It’s not necessarily bad but it has none of the great idiosyncratic flourishes that make their films so enjoyable. None of the cast do a particularly great job either. Not terrible but not great either. 2.5/5

Suburbicon. George Clooney does the Coen Brothers. I know this is based on their script but this is the most blatant copy of the Coens style I’ve ever seen. It’s not necessarily bad but it has none of the great idiosyncratic flourishes that make their films so enjoyable. None of the cast do a particularly great job either. Not terrible but not great either. 2.5/5

I was really excited for this when I saw the trailer but the reviews were so poor that I didn't bother.

Clooney's directorial career got off to a good start too. Confessions of a dangerous mind is pretty good, Good Night And Good Luck is terrific.

I want to see black panther but just can’t bring myself to hand over money for another bloody superhero film

I worked out this morning that I've seen 17 of the 18 MCU movies, the majority in the cinema. They are mostly grand at a minimum but rarely good but I'm suckered in now. I'd Put BP in the top 4 or 5 with the second Captain America, Ant Man, the first Avengers and the most recent Thor

Watched The Shape of Water last night. Loved it. In terms of production design, cinematography, editing, music and acting this is top notch stuff. It’s also really funny, tense and touching. The perfect mix of comedy, horror, romance and cold war spy shit. It’s not quite as good as Pan’s Labyrinth but few films are and it’s a close second in Del Toro’s films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back