What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Blade Runner 2049. Surprisingly...good.
Apart from the hollywood fight sceen at the end....fuck sakes.

Saw Pride with Paddy Considine and Imelda Staunton Friday. Very enjoyable. Reminded me a bit of Good Vibrations that one about Terry Hooley.

Got a new TV so took the opportunity to re-watch Days of Heaven. Spectacular as always.

Also saw the first episode of Dark Money. They're feature length so I can include it here. Directed by Alex Gibney about the VW scandal. Shocking and very good.

Last edited:
The plot is a little paint by numbers but the script and the performances lift this from good to almost great. Riz Ahmed almost as good as Gylenhaal in a much less showy role.

OMG!!! I've seen this movie 50 times. I watched it like 2-3 times a day. Incredible movie. So nice to have something that is not CGI infested. One of my all time movies of all time. I bought it on Youtube and watch it regularly. It helps me stay focus on my business. No it's not night crawling tho :) - Yeah only thing decent that Riz ever did. Now he's back to being a liberal troll. Sad . . .

Saw Call me by your name which was terrific.
Also Phantom Thread - I found this underwhelming, nice to look at, great score / soundtrack but I felt the story was quite insubstantial.

Phantom Thread. Loved it. Looked and sounded impeccable and the story took some interesting turns along the way. Wasn’t fully on board with
the mushroom eating stuff
but I went along with it. Very funny as well. Funnier than that last one he did which is awful.

Phantom Thread. Loved it. Looked and sounded impeccable and the story took some interesting turns along the way. Wasn’t fully on board with
the mushroom eating stuff
but I went along with it. Very funny as well. Funnier than that last one he did which is awful.

I think I was the only one in the cinema who was laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back