What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

it was fun but it was pretty poor at the same time

the quote at the end summed it up

"Something good, something bad? Bit of both?"

Also, Le Orme / Footprints on the Moon (1975). The best description I've heard of this is "the loneliest film ever made". A woman keeps having dreams about an astronaut left behind on the moon. She takes a trip to a dilapidated seaside town where the inhabitants seem to know her even though she's never been there before.

Very atmospheric, the seaside town is indeed a very lonely setting and the moon stuff is creepy. Well worth a look

Also, Le Orme / Footprints on the Moon (1975). The best description I've heard of this is "the loneliest film ever made". A woman keeps having dreams about an astronaut left behind on the moon. She takes a trip to a dilapidated seaside town where the inhabitants seem to know her even though she's never been there before.

Very atmospheric, the seaside town is indeed a very lonely setting and the moon stuff is creepy. Well worth a look
sounds right up my alley

Citizenfour - the doc about Ed Snowden meeting the Guardian journalists in a Hong Kong hotel for the first time last year.. It's a fairly minimalist production, mostly just footage of the meeting itself with some build-up / fall-out and contextual news reports with an ominous droning soundtrack. If you have any interest in the story then this is fascinating by default - I don't think there have been many (or any) times in history when somebody has been able to film an encounter like this as it happens. It's kind of assumed that the viewer already knows the significance (and some of the details) of Snowden's revelations, this is breezed through in a whirl of acronyms and cryptic charts. Snowden keeps telling them that he's not the center of the story but the doc maker is fascinated by him as a character, and I can see why, he's highly articulate and spookily calm throughout despite the obvious pressure he's under. There's little pretense at balance, the doc maker is obviously on his side, but the US government hardly needs an indie filmmaker fighting its corner on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back