What movie did you watch last night? (55 Viewers)

equilibrium_poster_by_dtm2009-d4ik3bh.jpg

Cheesey,preposterous,too long,and a bit boring.

But watchable!

I saw The Imitation Game the other day. I mostly just thought it was boring.
Afterwards, I looked up Enigma and Turing etc. on Wikipedia, where the articles on them are really good and long and complicated and interesting.
In conclusion, I wish The Imitation Game had just been a documentary about the whole thing, and fuck all the made-up shit they did.

The Babadook

as someone else said here, falls apart towards the end a bit. couple of tweaks here and there and this could have been really good.

the first encounter of the thing as a cgi blob on the roof. and that bit in the car. ffs. would have been much better to have a creepy ass costume lurking in places

I ended up watching The hunt for red October, jesus what an awful pile of wank; pretty funny though.
The night before I saw The Seventh Seal, which I'd never seen before, great film!

The Mask of Fu Manchu (1932)
220px-MaskofFuManchu.jpg

Good old fashioned pulp thriller starring Boris Karloff as the titular bad guy. Lots of weird torture and sadomasochistic overtones.

Black Sea

Jude Law is Scottish and on a submarine looking to salvage some Nazi gold. Naturally, all does not go according to plan.

This film is real good craic. Nice and atmospheric/claustrophobic, it's pretty well put together as long as you let yourself go with it.
Of course, the best thing is that Michael Smiley is in it, and as usual, he is FUCKING AMAZING and doesn't even try to hide his accent. Legend.

Predestination. Australian time travel movie with Ethan Hawke trying to stop a mad bomber, based on a Heinlein story All You Zombies. Within 10 minutes of it starting I knew exactly how it was going to play out but enjoyed it all the same.

Predestination. Australian time travel movie with Ethan Hawke trying to stop a mad bomber, based on a Heinlein story All You Zombies. Within 10 minutes of it starting I knew exactly how it was going to play out but enjoyed it all the same.

Was this a torrent?

I'm looking here and the only one is 7gigs

I also have a thing about downloading something that's not yet released

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back