What movie did you watch last night? (46 Viewers)

Top Five with Chris Rock

o-TOP-FIVE-POSTER-570.jpg

Very enjoyable

Started watching Scarecrow last night but I was feeling so dreadful that I couldn’t really concentrate and had to turn it off. It seemed like something I would really like though. The opening sequence is terrific. Will try to get around to finishing it this weekend.
scarecrow_060323112353165_wideweb__300x442.jpg

I second how good this is. Excellent score by Jeff Grace too. One of the best of the year

On the subject of scores, have you ever seen a horror short called Treevenge? It's on vimeo, the score is totally overblown and unsuited to the movie, but it's also awesome because it adds to the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

@Unicron Hahaha I actually quite like this. You know that track at the start is the theme from Cannibal Holocaust? Score is so dramatic!

Have you seen the trailer for Demonitron?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Started watching Scarecrow last night but I was feeling so dreadful that I couldn’t really concentrate and had to turn it off. It seemed like something I would really like though. The opening sequence is terrific. Will try to get around to finishing it this weekend.
scarecrow_060323112353165_wideweb__300x442.jpg
This is one seriously beautiful movie.You'll be thinking about it for days.

Recently I watched ...

St.Vincent ..Bill Murray being absolutely fantastic..was moved to tears.8/10

Nightcrawlers ...Jake whatshisface being absoultely fantastic..a more likable dislikable character I havent seen in a good while.
Rooting for the bad guy! 8/10

the score is totally ... unsuited to the movie, but it's also awesome because it adds to the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

The same with Theatre of Blood. I love the movie, it's gory and funny and very silly. The score is beautiful
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched the director's cut of Nightbreed. Aside from one time where myself and my buddy stood on a street in Belfast shouting at each other over the dinosaur scene in Tree of Life, we rarely strongly disagree on films. He watched Nightbreed: The Cabal Cut at the Horrorthon last year and absolutely hated it. I love Nightbreed, but I came to it after reading Cabal and knowing the book explained a lot of stuff that goes unexplained in the film.

The Cabal cut was assembled from lots of different low quality sources and ran at 160 minutes and I think the idea was they edited in every single extra scene they could find. This version is about 120 minutes. A lot of the extra scenes and re-editing at the start don't really add a whole lot to the theatrical version (and are a little bit televisual) but when Boone gets to Midian things get a lot more interesting and there's a lot of cool stuff.

I have a thing about imaginative films that reach beyond their limitations and I think Nightbreed is a bit of a masterpiece in terms of it's ideas and design. It's Barker at his most creative and I love how the monsters are developed from his artwork. Also, I really like how you never have to wait for more than a couple of scenes before one of the monsters does a cartwheel

Well worth a viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back