What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

AAA Golden Maverick said:
Just saw two re-makes

Dawn of the Dead - not bad.

The Grudge - shite.

I'm sure the Grudge wasn't helped ny the fact that the original's a crock o'shite too! What's with the japanese and feckin dead kids!? I mean every japanese horror i've seen is just some dead kid haunting people. The films always look amazing (the video in ring is freaky as hell) but ya can always guess the ending about 15 mins into the film.

Oh, and Dawn Of The Dead = .|..|

spiritualtramp said:
Speaking of Brazil, has anyone seen City of Men? The same dudes that made City of God made it and I'm wondering is it worth buying.

I watched it on BBC4 last year. it is excellent and in my opinion, well worth a purchase.

how much did you see if for? I must pick it up myself

watched 5x2. not my first prefrence, but i was late for the machinest. quite dull, and uninteresting.:(

Get Shorty, which is a classic, & then about 2/3rds of Tigerland, which wasn't too bad, all things considered.

Melinda & Melinda - pretty good. some very funny old school Woody Allen dialogue in it and of course Wil Ferrell is great.

watched anchorman the legend of ron burgendy, followed by wake up ron burgondy..... the story continues. comedy gold, brick is such a legend:D

avernus said:
Melinda & Melinda - pretty good. some very funny old school Woody Allen dialogue in it and of course Wil Ferrell is great.
i saw that last night as well... were you in the ifi? i thought it was pretty good, will ferrel especially. not amazing, but a nice way to spend an evening.

Super Dexta said:
i saw that last night as well... were you in the ifi? i thought it was pretty good, will ferrel especially. not amazing, but a nice way to spend an evening.

I was indeed. I was sitting beside the old man who kept creasing himself at all the bits that werent meant to be funny. a nice way to spend an evening indeed.

yeah, it was like going to the cinema with my ma.. oul ones laughing at the ads and all.. as i said to my companion, "old people are so easily amused. it's cute."

watched rambo 3 yesterday.

naturally it was amazing.

the best part is the message that flashes up at the end: "this movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan".. you wouldnt catch them putting that in an american movie nowadays!

DIRECTOR: Roystan Tan
CAST: Shaun Tan, Melvin Chen, Vynn Soh, Erick Chun
A dizzying, sensual collage of verité-style filmmaking, animation, musical sequences, black humor, quick-fire editing and urban teenage angst, Roystan Tan’s 15 explodes notions of life in Singapore. A frenetic and hyper-stylized look at a quintet of 15-year-old boys, the film features a cast of public-housing kids drawing on real-life experiences. This makes the film all the more staggering—we watch as they draw on tattoos, fantasize about suicide, attack blow-up dolls, rap about gangs. But unlike other chroniclers of disaffected youth, Tan understands the fundamental humanity of those he captures. The most striking moments are not those of gang violence or self-mutilation, but those that reveal the boys’ vulnerability, frailty, and universal need for intimacy.

Tan reinvents the visual imagination while pushing the limits of what is possible on celluloid. Visual eye-candy pops off the screen, accompanied by catchy hip-hop numbers performed by beautiful boys. The film’s use of these sensual pleasures underscores it’s clear-eyed examination of a world in which sexualization and commodification trump empathy and consideration. Born in Singapore in 1976, Roystan Tan made the award-winning shorts Sense and The Son. He began 15 as a short, enlisting personal stories and performances from teenagers he met while teaching high-school drama. Two of his cast members disappeared in the time he turned the short into a feature.

It's First Blood Part II but this is my second favourite exchange from a Stallone film:

Trautman: John where are you going?
Rambo: I don't know.
Trautman: You get a second medal of honor for this.
[Rambo looks over at the rescued POWs]
Rambo: You should give it to them. They deserve it more.
Trautman: You don't belong here why don't you come back with me?
Rambo: Back to what? My friends died here, let me die here.
Trautman: The war, the whole conflict may have been wrong but damn it don't hate your country for it.
Rambo: Hate? I'd die for it.
Trautman: Then what is it you want?
Rambo: I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
Trautman: How will you live, John?
Rambo: Day by day.

Fave is:

Mickey: Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

My favourite Stallone speech is from First Blood part one when Trautman finds him in the diner or whatever it is at the end:

We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just... (Takes off his bandolier) like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "Why? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"

I love it when he starts going on about the legs!!!

Cormcolash said:
That depends whether you are Quaid or Howser. And I get to say "Consider that a divorce" when it's all over.

ok, but I get to say "See you at the party Richter!!" as I throw your severed arms after you as you fall to your death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back