What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

got the tigon collection on friday. watched 3 films on monday and 3 last night. virgin witch, blood on satan's claw and the witchfinder general are all fab. the rest of 'em (which i hadn't seen before) were ok...
then i realised that there was a song on the last danzig album about angel blake (from blood on satan'a claw) so i had to listen to danzig. that's my excuse...

in the last few days I have watched:

Wonderboys: for the 30th time. its just so brilliant. Professor Trip is a marvellous character. I want in in that life.

Escape from LA: awful and kick ass. very enjoyable.

Independence Day: poor. but very entertaining of course. first time watching it since the cinema. Big Wil is so class.

Gladiator: love it and caught the last 20 mins on tv. Crowe looks a lot like that kid from the O.C.

Like Mike: god how did I end up watching this. very enjoyable. Crispin Glover playing himself, yet again.

Daddy Day Care: oh god. enjoyed the Star Trek TOS references though.

righteous harmony said:
then i realised that there was a song on the last danzig album about angel blake (from blood on satan'a claw) so i had to listen to danzig. that's my excuse...

listening to danzig is mandetory, danzig=.|..|

watched Rat Race last night. oh god. awful shite, made me laugh, but the ending was hideous, like something from a PR person's wet dream. the band were playing that song from Shrek, and one of the kids goes "Hey! It's Smash Mouth!"

whodefuck?

awful film.

avernus said:
in the last few days I have watched:

Wonderboys: for the 30th time. its just so brilliant. Professor Trip is a marvellous character. I want in in that life.

Escape from LA: awful and kick ass. very enjoyable.

Independence Day: poor. but very entertaining of course. first time watching it since the cinema. Big Wil is so class.

Gladiator: love it and caught the last 20 mins on tv. Crowe looks a lot like that kid from the O.C.

Like Mike: god how did I end up watching this. very enjoyable. Crispin Glover playing himself, yet again.

Daddy Day Care: oh god. enjoyed the Star Trek TOS references though.

Escape from LA = Genius
Gladiator = Amazing. I love this film. And yeah that kid looks like Russell Crowe, exactly what I said!

Cormcolash said:
Escape from LA = Genius
Gladiator = Amazing. I love this film. And yeah that kid looks like Russell Crowe, exactly what I said!

yeah for sure. second I saw him I was like "hey, is that like Russell Crowes son/brother/frozen father?"

guy knows how to punch so theres gotta be a connection. also theyve made jokes about it on the OC.

Recently saw:

The Affliction, written and directed by the guy who wrote Taxi Driver and starring Nick Nolte, Willem Dafoe and (name escapes me - looks like Lee Marvin, starred in Cross of Iron among other things). Bleak but brilliant stuff

The Swimmer: Surreal 60's movie with Burt Lancaster about a guy who decides to "swim" home across a county going from Swimming pool to Swimming pool. Very good.

A Man Apart - surprisingly decent. bit of a bogie ending, but still nay too shabby an action film.

Glengarry Glenross - last 20 minutes of it. fuckin great movie.

Bonfire of the Vanities - last 40 minutes. gets awful stick, but its ok.

Dutchy said:
the woodsman - great

Didn't think it was that amazing myself. The plot seemed a bit unbelievable in the end.But there was some wonderful acting from Bacon and it was cool to see hiphop stars that actually can act for a change.

Went to see a documentary about the Madrid bombings in the IFI on sunday - pretty grim.

I bought Bus 174 last week, it is a documentary film about a hostage situation on a bus in Rio. Pretty fucked up.

Speaking of Brazil, has anyone seen City of Men? The same dudes that made City of God made it and I'm wondering is it worth buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back