What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

Anthony said:
My local Londis has a DVD section with all these Horror films in it for €2 each. I bought Mortuary Academy yesterday. Can't wait to see what it's like!

where is this londis? what other sorts of nonsense have they got?

Wilbert said:
I liked it but I felt liked I owed somebody an apology after it. It was one of those worthy-films that I don't usually like.

Saw Enduring Love last night in the cinema and it was great. Really enjoyed it.

Dunno... I felt very guilty about my "Schindler's List meets the Cosby Show" comment before the film.

It's a true story... makes you realise we really couldn't give a shit about Africa.

stayed up late last night to watch Office Space

deadly

Hero At Large, John Ritter movie 1980 was on TG4 this morning. Good stuff

also coming this week
Marathon Man tonight - and I need a filling
Telefon tomorrow midday TG4 - Bronson, KGB, 70s
Breast Men, BBC1 London tomorrow 11.55pm, hilarious
Three Stooges biopic Thursday morning sometime, BBC2

Watched Hotel Rwanda tonight, really fuckin amazing film, very very powerful. Definitely worthy of Oscar nomination.

Saw Hostage the night before, actually a really well-made film, plot is a bit over-the-top though, but then I reckon if like me you like 24, you'll like it!

Watched Return of the King extended edition over Easter, great stuff of course, but they fucked up the very end beyond all belief, I find the end unwatchably shite! It needs Saruman fuck sake.

Watched Ireland v Israel over Easter too, laughable bollocks. At least they can score a goal though.

Hmmm... I actually used energy to go see Constantine the other night... it was either that or hitch so. Biggest pile of meh ever.

went to see a preview of the Ring 2 last night. I knew It was going to be bad, but I really didnt think it was going to be THAT bad. I was tempted to ask the chatty fucks beside me to talk a bit louder, so I could hear some believeable dialogue. This film gave me a pain in my face. A real live pain in my face, seriously. I had to take pain killers to get to sleep. Utter SHITE!

watched saw theother night
was kinda dodgy, couldnt take it seriously cause this guy was one of the main actors
RobinHood.jpg

shudder

Watched a Nightmare On Elm St.1 last night. Didn't realise it was on the tv tonight. Also the other night, i watched the Elepant Man by David Lynch. Absolutley amazing film and actually brought a tear to my eye.

eh, not coz i'm a wuss or anything, but because i, eh, ran outa cans of dutch gold, eh, yeah.:eek:

Saw 5x2 and The Machinist last weekend. Both really good.

I found 5x2 quite hard to watch in parts(especially the beginning for anyone thats seen it) but you get really involved in the realtionship. Thought it was going to be a bit like Eternal Sunshine since its going backwards through a realtionship but not so feel good. Never thought I'd call Eternal a feel good movie but compared to this.

Christan Bale has gone mad in to becoming the character again in The Machinist. So skinny it makes you ill.

Both good but I'd go for 5x2 again.

"saw" was actually a pretty good idea for a movie, poorly executed (terribly in places). some nice set design though.

imagine the conversation outside the cinema..

"you go to the cinema?"
"yep"
"what you see?"
"saw"
"yes, saw. what did you see?"
"I saw saw" etc.
"saw? see saw!?" etc. etc.

a potentially confusing situation, (if you were really stoopid, likes)

chutneyfarmer said:
Also the other night, i watched the Elepant Man by David Lynch. Absolutley amazing film and actually brought a tear to my eye.

eh, not coz i'm a wuss or anything, but because i, eh, ran outa cans of dutch gold, eh, yeah.:eek:
yeah right ;) seriously, elephant man. masterpiece. and I'll challenge anyone who doesn't agree to a bloody knife fight in the street. :) last time I watched this I was introducing a girly friend to david lynch. a good while ago. it was a beautiful moment. especially the ending. nearly shed a tear myself. bought it on dvd recently enough along with the straight story. another understated piece of greatness.. picked up blue velvet too, but that's a different kettle of fish of course !ninjaaaa

Wavioli said:
Ill disagree, but only because i'm in a knife-fightin' kind of mood.
yeah, wouldn't blame you after your description of ring 2 above. my sympathies. ere, I'll even give you a couple of free stabs if it makes ya feel better :)

I'm from rimlick though, so be warned, I was born with a knife in my hand..
which didn't make for an easy birth..

Wavioli said:
Wavioli (pictured) reported to be 'confident', ahead of upcoming knife battle. When asked to comment he merely smiled and said "Ahm gonna rip 'im a new billabong".

©Reuters

009cocodile-dundee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back