What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

l_1242460_7b81218a.jpg

Brilliant and slightly terrifying. Tilda Swinton is excellent and Jasper Newell as the 6-8 year old Kevin is enough to make you want to get neutered. Lynne Ramsay is a damn fine director, highly recomended if you fucking hate christmas like i do.

This movie is greatness:

220px-Adventures_In_Babysitting.jpg

Can't believe how shit the movies have been over the Christmas. They seem to save the decent movies for 2am and then play them all together (e.g. Bonnie & Clyde on at the same time as Godfather and something else interesting which I can't remember).

I also watched Black Book by Verhoven recently, which was a pile of poo really and a pale shadow of his great works of art such as Total Recall and Starship Troopers.

25poster.jpg

25th Hour

Ed Norton has 24 hours to live with Rosario Dawson before his ass gets dragged to prison and presumably gets busted open by the other inmates, so he goes out partying with his mates. Stretches believability for me, If it were I in this situation the film would involve much more grunting and sweating. Anyway, Spike Lee keeps everything moving along nicely there's a few good scenes, the guy who did the score thinks he's working on a recently discovered long lost Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece and several strands of the story go nowhere, nothing gets resolved and despite strong performances and nippy direction the whole thing is a little less than fully satisfying. Good not great.

Martha Marcy May Marlene. One of the best films I've seen this year. Insanely atmospheric psychological thriller about a girl who escapes from a cult. John Hawkes and Elizabeth Olsen should both get awards for this
normal_001.jpg

Contagion. Not great. Took ages to get going and when the societal collapse stuff finally arrived it wasn't that interesting. Not nearly as scary as I'd heard. The cast were all decent as you'd expect from a bunch of A listers

220px-Texas_chainsaw_massacre_2_poster.jpg

Way trashier than I remembered and the girl playing the DJ was dreadful. The Family were more like the 3 Stooges than the clan from the original. That say - I did like like Choptop.

Return-of-the-living-dead-movie-poster-small.jpg

Still as good as first time I seen it. Stands up well.

I got to see both these in HD that my mate taped off one of the Sky chanels. Beats the 'good oul' days' of watching 3rd generation bootlegs with hardcoded dutch subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back