What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Paddy_Considine_Sundance_Hit_Tyrannosaur_Gets_Stark_Grainy_One_Sheet_1309556894.jpg

Great film. Kinda bleak but enjoyable. Excellent first feature from Paddy C.

The Inbetweeners.

Brit sitcom goes on sun holiday.Not a bad entry to the canon.Few laughs had.

pffft/..kids have no business going to see the adventures of cartoon cats in the land of fairy tales

IFI in Dublin are screening my favourite film of all time this weekend

amelie460.jpg

http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/dispfilm_07.asp?filmID=7696&Date=25/02/201&PageID=15

Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s wonderfully quirky and irresistibly enchanting Amélie makes a welcome return to the big screen in a new digital restoration to celebrate its 10th anniversary. After a lonely childhood with a father who showed her little physical affection, the adult Amélie (an adorable Audrey Tautou) waitresses in a Montmartre café filled with eccentric staff and customers (including Jeunet regular Dominique Pinon). The accidental discovery of a boy’s treasure box in the wall of her bathroom prompts her to trace the owner, now a grandfather. On seeing the joy this brings him, Amélie becomes a guardian angel of sorts, devising elaborate and secret stratagems for bringing happiness to those around her. In the process, she finds that there may be a chance at happiness for her too, thanks to the arrival of Nino (Mathieu Kassovitz). Jeunet’s Paris is probably the most fairytale-perfect depiction of the city ever committed to celluloid, and the film remains as heartwarming as ever. (Notes by Kevin Coyne).

amelie460.jpg

http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/dispfilm_07.asp?filmID=7696&Date=25/02/201&PageID=15

Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s wonderfully quirky and irresistibly enchanting Amélie makes a welcome return to the big screen in a new digital restoration to celebrate its 10th anniversary. After a lonely childhood with a father who showed her little physical affection, the adult Amélie (an adorable Audrey Tautou) waitresses in a Montmartre café filled with eccentric staff and customers (including Jeunet regular Dominique Pinon). The accidental discovery of a boy’s treasure box in the wall of her bathroom prompts her to trace the owner, now a grandfather. On seeing the joy this brings him, Amélie becomes a guardian angel of sorts, devising elaborate and secret stratagems for bringing happiness to those around her. In the process, she finds that there may be a chance at happiness for her too, thanks to the arrival of Nino (Mathieu Kassovitz). Jeunet’s Paris is probably the most fairytale-perfect depiction of the city ever committed to celluloid, and the film remains as heartwarming as ever. (Notes by Kevin Coyne).

You should go see Hugo

amelie460.jpg

A lecturer in my college actually gave us a short chat about how Amelie is a racist movie because the only non white characters are a simpleton and a one legged tap dancer.

Some people huh ?

A lecturer in my college actually gave us a short chat about how Amelie is a racist movie because the only non white characters are a simpleton and a one legged tap dancer.

Some people huh ?

Oh for God's sake! That's actually hilarious. How many non-white lecturers are in the college?

Some people huh ?

Surely a one legged person who manages to become a tap dancer would be a positive role model for monopedal non-Caucasians?

Drive - looks and sounds great but there's not much to it really is there? It was a bit too Michael Mann for my liking as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back