What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

navajo_joe_1.jpg

Burt Reynolds in redface, does an inordinate amount of leaping and pouncing. Also there's a score by Morricone under a pseudoynm complete with singing about the current state of affairs in the film every few minutes. Plot holes you could drive a train through (almost literally, seeing as a lot of them involve a train) but highly entertaining.

Le+Doulos+Poster.jpg

Doulos is apparently both a form of hat and slang for snitch. Belmondo seemed to like being in films with hat related titles, also in Borsalino a few years later. Can't really go wrong with Melville or Belmondo.

Words can't begin to express how terrible a film that Twilight thing is.
If the film is any reflection of the book, it's a bizarrely badly written piece of crap.

Risible dialogue
Unlikeable characters
Completely implausible situations "hey Daddy just called to say I'm really sick but you shouldn't bother visiting OK" "OK Honey"
First half of film = what is this deamon
Second Half = deamon, what deamon? cuddly baby
Lost of the type of Sex = Death metaphors that only appeal to 14 year old girls in the Bible Belt

Uugh.

Were you expecting anything else?
I knew it was going to be bad - but it was bad on a whole other level I didn't expect.
I knew going in it was romantic pap for teenagers, but it's slimy on a whole deeper level and I would have expected it to at least have been competently plotted - you really get the impression Myers was making it up as she went along, it just hops from on Dues Ex Machina to the next.

I wanted to stand at the door and hand out Buffy box sets to the girls as they left.

I thought it was great too! Seen some nerds in places complaining about it. Moan moan like. It's a good oul laugh, sit back and enjoy, some very funny stuff in it and it's well done overall. Only thing I wasn't fussed on was the music - where's Morricone when you need him???

I knew it was going to be bad - but it was bad on a whole other level I didn't expect.
I knew going in it was romantic pap for teenagers, but it's slimy on a whole deeper level and I would have expected it to at least have been competently plotted - you really get the impression Myers was making it up as she went along, it just hops from on Dues Ex Machina to the next.

I wanted to stand at the door and hand out Buffy box sets to the girls as they left.

I'm seeing this tonight.

I'm fully expecting it to be a steaming pile of girly poop.

Ides of March - enjoyed it. flashy but solid. gets the paranoid conspiracy tone just about right

The Thing - a lot better than i was expecting

I wasn't too crazy about Ides of March - I thought it should have been more complicated and twisty and it could have been an hour longer. It just wasn't intriguing enough for me.

The Thing was great. The original is one of my favourite films so I had some trepidation when it came to the prequel. Also, I got January's edition of Empire last week, before the film was released, and they'd already acknowledged it as a flop in a side article, so I wasn't hopeful.

I've become more and more annoyed with Empire this past year, there are loads of films that they slated which I thought were brilliant. And slating a film before it's even released is piss poor IMO.

You're right of course, my mistake. I don't think it should be written off before it's been released on this side of the water though. The same edition of Empire printed a one page review and gave it three stars.

try not reading reviews til after you've seen the film. It's a much better experience. I find anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back