What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Watched the George Harrisson doco on TV last night. VGBBC.

I did too. I thought it was great. I mean it covered old ground but I liked the way it was put together. I liked the use of stills. I can't call anything featuring that much George bad. I'm more excited for the next part though which I haven't watched yet.

Did you watch the one on afterwards? I "taped" it, gonna have a look later.

Nah, too late. That said, I lay awake for about 35 mins, wondering why I wasn't watching it.

jonah ; if you are referring to part 2 of the George doc, it was great, better than part 1, which was on Sat night.

Iconic times - those dudes photographed so well...

I watched Midnight in Paris on Sunday. Didn't know much about it before reading about it on this thread, even then I was synopsis less. The first Woody Allen movie I've enjoyed in absolutely ages. Very fun.

Tabloid: Excellent documentary from the guy who made The Fog of War. Best seen knowing nothing about it.
Going Places: Great 70s French film with a young Depardieu. Kindof like a more comedic Clockwork Orange. Lots of moral ambiguity.

Just saw Monsters.
Monsters-Film-Gareth-Edwards.jpg

pretty good, 7/10.

New_Poster_For_Nicolas_Cage_Justice_Appears_The_UK_1317218073.jpg

I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't expecting much. No mega-acting from the Cage. It's ok, not as good as Trespass but better than Drive Angry. Nowhere near Bad Lieutenant level of quality. Entirely predictable. Also, for the benefit of the marketing people, The Hungry Rabbit Jumps is a much better title than Justice (although Justice is still better than the Seeking Justice this is called in the US). Justice just sounds like some Wesley Snipes DTV film (although I would still watch a Wesley Snipes DTV called Justice, just saying it sounds pretty generic like).

Also, I remember a time when people would put Guy Pearce in a film and give him some actual acting to do.
Although I did just see this spiel for something Luc Besson is producing called Lockout: "A man wrongly convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage against the U.S. is offered his freedom if he can rescue the president's daughter from an outer space prison taken over by violent inmates." Good work, M. Besson.

legend-of-the-fist.jpg

In which Donnie Yen wins World War I for the ungrateful Allies and engages in masked fighting of the Japanese occupying China. It does get dragged down a bit by the Chinese government propaganda sections (although this does at least fit in with the plot in this one) but the fight scenes are pretty decent and the masked crimefighting type posing (presumably going for the Bruce Lee Kato look) gets ridiculous.

PointBlank_Poster.jpg

This isn't anything like the original with Mickey Rourke. It's good stuff though. French people know how to do crime / action properly.

PointBlank_Poster.jpg

This isn't anything like the original with Mickey Rourke. It's good stuff though. French people know how to do crime / action properly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought Point Blank was pretty great. It gets so good towards the end, hahaha! Only Sly Stallone, Robert Rodriguez, and French people should be allowed to make action/thriller films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back