What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

aoboa said:
Have 'the heart is deceitful above all things' to watch tomorrow night too. Got it with the above in the 2 for 1 deal in Chartbusters and read reviews on imdb when I got home. Don't want to watch it now. Is it as depressing as it's made out to be????

I haven't seen this but it looks great. I like really grim films.

How much was it in Chartbusters? Was it second hand or brand new?

spiritualtramp said:
I haven't seen this but it looks great. I like really grim films.

How much was it in Chartbusters? Was it second hand or brand new?

I rented it - they do a deal 2 world/arthouse DVDs for 2 nights for the price of 1 (€6).

memento. pretty good. yr man has awful hair though. tonight - the descent. and the last 25 minutes of the last dvd of the beatles anthology.

Just watched Flightplan - I read somewhere that it was "hitchcockian".... ehh, ok. not bad, i guess.

Halfway through Four Brothers right now. much better.

edit:yep, Four Brothers was pretty sweet.

finished up the evening's viewing with Syriana. Pretty damn good story of oil, corruption, betrayal, the cia, emirate skullduggery, islamic schools & politics.... if a little complicated.

George Clooney could pass for a bearded john cleese in it. a fat john cleese at that.

bought a load of dvds the other day and today, so dunno which one to watch. any suggestions would help.

Death Race 2000
Bad Liutenant
Straw Dogs
Van Helsing (sooooo cheesy but fun)
Alone In The Dark
Bubba Ho Tep
Bill Hicks Dvd (with revelations, relentless, and some other one on it)
Fantastic Planet

Watched Rain On The Roof tonight. The second of three Dennis Potter plays that he did for London Weekend Television in 1980.

Adultery by John disturbs Janet so she flirts with the simple, mistreated Billy during the middle of giving him a reading lesson. Unfortunately, it triggers aggressive behaviour in Billy which he directs toward John.

Brokeback Mountain...'twas pretty good. It wan't as powerful or as dark as I thought it might be, but I'm not sure whether that's because Ang Lee was going for subtlety and understatedness or because he is going for an Oscar and didn't want to make the film too disturbing. It's interesting that besides the fact that the protagonists are men, it really is a conventional story of forbidden and impossible love, working out the way these things always work out. Better than King Kong in any case.

Cormcolash said:
Saw Secretary tonight, very funny!

am i the only person who thought that movie was boring?

saw adaptation last night. it was too long, which was a pity, cos around the hour mark it was shaping up to be a classic

Users who are viewing this thread

• shidheat
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back