What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Be the Hokey said:
saw adaptation last night. it was too long, which was a pity, cos around the hour mark it was shaping up to be a classic

Didn't like this the first time round - I thought the director had detracted from the film by trying to be too clever. I liked it a lot more the second time, though, when I had a better idea of what was going on.

today we had:

The Ringer: Farrelly Brothers + Johnny Knoxville faking special needs + rigging the Special Olympics.... not the car crash you'd expect, considering it was made with the full cooperation of the american special olympics association. a good laugh.

Followed that with The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - thought it was excellent.

Then it was time for Good Night And Good Luck, which was excellllent.

i didn't like secretary very much at all. or adaptation, for that matter. though that's because i hate nicholas cage's head.

I too disliked Adaptation the first time round, felt like the rug of a good film had been yanked out from beneath me for the sake of cleverality; loved it the 2nd and 3rd times though.

Tonight I road tested our new €21 alba dvd player with Aliens: no complaints here.

Super Dexta said:
i didn't like secretary very much at all. or adaptation, for that matter. though that's because i hate nicholas cage's head.

Watch Raising Arizona or Leaving las Vegas, his head gets fairly wrecked in both of those.

Last Days - I think I was in the mood for this so I enjoyed it. Better than Gerry, not as good as Elephant. Avoid like the plague if you hate Van Sants films.
The Island - not half as bad as all the reviews made out. Relentless product placement throughout but a decent brainless sci-si film all the same.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Fucking brilliant.
Best lines:

"I hadn't seen a body put together like that since I solved the case of the Murdered Girl with the Big Tits."

"Carlotta was the kind of town where they spell trouble
T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, they kill you."

I've been watching Horizon episodes the last few nights. Apparently the French were the first people in America (some time around 20,000 BC - and they sailed across the Atlantic!)... and there are multiple universes in the 11th dimension.

egg_ said:
Saw the Woodsman over the w/e - really really good I thunk. Kevin Bacon is a brave man and a fine actor
Came very close to buying this last night - probably will when the paycheque comes through. Great great film.

Last few days i've watched Wolf Creek (hated it, too misogynistic by half), Batman Begins (not bad, bit of a snoozer though), life aquatic (really really liked it, one to buy methinks), anchor man (gets better and better) and loads of OZ (see appreciation thread)

i watched an episode of CSI: New York where Master P held some DJ over a balcony by his ankles and made him sign a contract

then the guy got stabbed in the neck

i have this movie with master p, snoop, slikkk the shocker and gary busey
you'd think it would be the greatest movie of all time, wouldn't you?
i can't even remember what it's called
"gang law" or something

i wish the wire was still on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back