What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

no one could have seen a shitter film than the one i saw yesterday..just like heaven!its beyond shit but was the only thing that was on when we got to the cinema..its pure shit..but has mark ruffalo shirtless a good few times..which is awesome..

and zee i loved 40 year old virgin...the bit where hes gettin waxed is deadly..and when hes talking dirty..classic...

Von Triers Manderlay

better than Dogville. that said it's better than most movies and the best new movie i've seen in a few years (or shares the title with Almodovar's Bad Education)

<insert spoilers>

I watched The Devil's Rejects. That is to say, I watched as much of it as I could tolerate. The whole thing would probably have been 100% more watchable if Rob Zombie hadn't cast his can't-act-for-shit wife in a lead role. Even then, it is still the retarded, cliché-packed, exploitation fest one would expect from a dumb rocker with a budget. The Devil's Rejects isn't even "so bad it's good"; it's just crap.

yep, the eyebleeding editing seriously grates. and the beautiful and fair maiden at the end who *(spoiler warning) spurns the advances of her crankhead boyfriend? come off it.

but i watched it all; so it was shit in a "this is annoying but entertaining but very irritating i hope it's over soon" kinda way.

Zeelander said:
I watched The Devil's Rejects. That is to say, I watched as much of it as I could tolerate. The whole thing would probably have been 100% more watchable if Rob Zombie hadn't cast his can't-act-for-shit wife in a lead role. Even then, it is still the retarded, cliché-packed, exploitation fest one would expect from a dumb rocker with a budget. The Devil's Rejects isn't even "so bad it's good"; it's just crap.

i think that and house of 1000 corpses are easily the two best horror films of the 2000's
if i had a stripper wife she'd be in every movie i ever made

but yeah - deadly film.

I saw DIG! yesterday. Hilarious. Thought it was brilliant in general but especially (obviously) for the antics of the quite clearly mentally ill Anton Newcombe, who it should be pointed out is the obvious basis for the character Napoleon Dynamite:

Cameraperson: "Is that blood on you?"

Anton: "Yeh"

Cameraperson: "Are you bleeding? Where's it from?"

Anton: "Other people's faces."

Ten star hilarity, considering it followed on from the semi-infamous "You broke my fucking sitar" comment.

coast to coast said:
I saw DIG! yesterday. Hilarious. Thought it was brilliant in general but especially (obviously) for the antics of the quite clearly mentally ill Anton Newcombe, who it should be pointed out is the obvious basis for the character Napoleon Dynamite:

Cameraperson: "Is that blood on you?"

Anton: "Yeh"

Cameraperson: "Are you bleeding? Where's it from?"

Anton: "Other people's faces."

Ten star hilarity, considering it followed on from the semi-infamous "You broke my fucking sitar" comment.

i was a bit disappointed by it when i saw it i have to say. maybe i was just expecting too much from the hype. loads of great moments but as a whole- well, hmmmm...

still well worth seeing tho...

Just watched DIG. Great - even though I hated every second of music in the film.

Have 'the heart is deceitful above all things' to watch tomorrow night too. Got it with the above in the 2 for 1 deal in Chartbusters and read reviews on imdb when I got home. Don't want to watch it now. Is it as depressing as it's made out to be????

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back