What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

Bus 174.
Been wanting to get it for ages but was always way too expensive,finally saw it in tower for E16,well pleased with it.Really good watch.

This morning I watched Blade On The Feather.

A 1980 Dennis Potter play filmed for London Weekend Television.
1139488.jpg

Good drama with Donald Pleasence, Tom Conti and Denholm Elliott.

The story begins ominously in typical Potter fashion with a clap of thunder sounding the arrival of a stranger (Conti) who before long gives the father (Pleasence) the kiss of life, seduces the daughter and then steps into the shower with the wife.
Pleasance is the upper-class traitor who arranges the murder of a man who knows his secret. Conti appears to be on a revenge mission. Elliott is the manservant who is greater than the sum of his parts.

nlgbbbblth said:
I got The Assassination of Richard Nixon for Christmas [Region 1 so no extras sadly]. Looking forward to watching it.

Here's a great review.

stars-1-0.gif
IF IT'S SO GREAT, WHY ARE 124 USED COPIES FOR SALE AT <$5 ?, July 10, 2005
Reviewer:moredes "moredes" - See all my reviewsI lost 2 hours of my life; or maybe it was 3, I dunno. Painfully slow-moving narrative. Previous reviews make constant comparisons to 'Taxi Driver'; I suppose the plots are similiar enough, though it never occurred to me while I watched this film. Sean Penn ain't no DeNiro. All *I* could think of with this performance was, Kevin Costner could do no worse. Or was that "method acting"?

Folks vote with their feet, or in this case, their money. So somebody answer me this--if this movie is so great, why are so many up for used sales at "dog-movie" prices? I'll give you one chance at an answer....

Was this review helpful to you?
yes.gif
no.gif
(Report this)

great movie

nlgbbbblth said:
Did you think it's better than the regular version?

Haven't seen it. Last night was the first time I ever watched the Wicker Man.

I do now own the regular version along with the directors cut (7.99 in the sales) so I'll be comparing both of them.

spiritualtramp said:
Watched The Wicker Man (the directors cut) last night.

i prefered the original edit personally, the extra stuff didnt really add all that much, i.m.h.o.

And My Wrongs #8245-8249 & 117.

i love what chris morris does, brasseye, the day today, (blue) jam: all some of my favourite things ever. but i hated "my wrongs...", i bought it but couldnt bring myself to watch it more than twice. the worst thing he has done, i think

Me bloke didn't like My Wrongs at all. I can see why people don't get it. However, I think it is great myself.
I liked it so much I paid 13 Euro for a ten minute film. Worth every penny if you ask me.

spiritualtramp said:
Me bloke didn't like My Wrongs at all. I can see why people don't get it. However, I think it is great myself.
I liked it so much I paid 13 Euro for a ten minute film. Worth every penny if you ask me.

i just thought it was like a very weak Jam sketch that went on far too long. the original monologue which is included on the dvd was far superior, all just my opinion of course. lovely packaging though.

spiritualtramp said:
What did you think of it?

it surprised me. it was beautifully shot and well acted. in theory - like, the plot and how it unfolds - i think it's hilarious. very black humour.
but actually watching it was pretty grim.

Picked up, dead mans shoes, heathers, eternal sunshine of... and friday night lights yesterday for 36 squid bargain so i watched friday night lights, twas enjoyable just didnt see the point in making the film though!! Good soundtrack to boot!

Watched the 40 Year Old Virgin. I squirmed pretty much non-stop throughout, but there were some real funny parts. The whole "Do you know how I know that you're gay?" gag was great, especially when you can say at the end of the movie "Do you know how I know this movie is gay? Because it's just gotten really gay."

Looking at the quotes on imdb just now has made me giggle and want to see it again though:

I dated this girl for a while... she was really a... nasty freak. She just loved to... get down with... sex all the time. It was like... anytime of day... she was like, "Yeah, let's go! I'm so nasty!" And I'd be nailing her and she'd be like, "Oh, you're nailing me! cool!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back