What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp said:
His bird saw the evil guy sneakily meeting someone in a carpark and followed him to a delivery place where he was doing some dodgy stuff. She realised her bloke was right about evil guy being evil. She rang her bloke from a payphone to say she agreed that the guy was evil and when she turned around evil wife was standing there looking evil. Next thing you know the bird is dead.

the fourty yearold vigin. very funny. steve carell is proving to be one of the best comedy actors around. then best actress. on telly.parody/comedy about five actress' who are all oscar nominated and how their personal lives fall appart.

watched kickboxer earlier. the van damnit one. so shit it was almost good,almost !! the danceing scene is hilarious.also saw bride of chucky. quality shit, between this and seed of chuckey, i'm totally gettin back into the old childsplay films. pisses on so many of these so-called "horror" films that hollywood shit out.

Found The Shining DVD lying round yesterday. Highly recommend watching the 'making of ' part on it; it's all unedited behind the scenes footage of the film as they were shooting it;jack nicholson being as cool a prick off camera as he is on it; Shelley Duvall being outed as an absolute pain in the ass; and Stanley Kubrick getting it done. Directed by his wifey, Vivian, really nicley put together. THe Documentary that is; not Vivian.

aoboa said:
Arlington Road.
I went into the kitchen at an important bit and missed something.
What did his girlfirend see that made them kill her????

Arlington Road is a really great movie. Jeff Bridges is such a good actor. Saw The Contender again a few weeks ago and it's really good apart from overusing the rousing music over the speeches.

Watched Raising Arizona again last night. Nicolas Cages face is so funny throughout that film.

Is anyone else really browned off with music in films?

I was watching Serpico again recently and saw on the DVD that the director wanted no music at all in the movie but was browbeaten by the producers. I'd only just been thinking how much better it would have been without music. (and it would also have been better if Serpico's girlfriend could act)

Mikis Theodorakis?
..'sakes

Don't even get me started on the post Scorcese 'cool songs and tunes' Trainspotting / Tarantino / Teeny bullshit nightmare.

Went to see Nightwatch last night.

Hmmm...the first hour or so is pretty good but I found it descended into nonsense towards the end. Interesting style etc. but I reckon had it been in american rather than russian I would have totally hated it.

Target market: the metallers that hang around the Games Workshop and fancy Buffy.

spiritualtramp said:
Went to see Nightwatch last night.

Hmmm...the first hour or so is pretty good but I found it descended into nonsense towards the end. Interesting style etc. but I reckon had it been in american rather than russian I would have totally hated it.

Target market: the metallers that hang around the Games Workshop and fancy Buffy.

What about normal folks that fancy Buffy?

Full Metal Jacket.

hartman5pt.jpg

"I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!"

.|..|

domino. er, not sure if i truely liked it or not. good story,but took ages to setup. then when the film was becoming a averiage to good action film, the direction changed and it became a comedy for around half an hour, then back to action for last 20or so minuets.keira knightly was deadly in it so that kept me happy.

i picked up the directors cut of thx 1138 on dvd for about 8 yo. fucking hell george lucas had a field day dicking about with it and making it look like a computer game. i don´t think it added anything to the film, it just made it irritating to wach. grrr:mad:

In the last four days i've watched:

Grand Theft Parsons - Not bad, knoxville is surprisingly good, even manages to pull off the somber ending as well as the zany middles.
Tattoo - Good german movie, slow in parts, worth a sunday view
Saw - absolute rubbish, can't believe magazines and people of otherwise good taste were reaming themselves over this - horribly contrived mixture of se7en and the cube, with some of the worst dialog of all time and, hands down, the worst performance of any actor/ress ever with Cary Elwes. And to think he was in Princess Bride. Pfff.
Club Dredd - not a patch on super troopers but still had some brilliant one liners - "What? it's not like i asked you to eat my shit!"

Also rewatched sideways and filth and the fury. Good and great respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back