What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

'end of the century' - ramones doc. dunno why but i came out liking johnny the best. then tommy. then joey. then dee dee. probably the ol sliding scale of smarts.

rufus wainright (sp) documentary - alright for a mincer

muffin said:
wallace and gromit- the curse of the were rabbit..was just ok..wasnt as good as i thought it would be..

the trailer for the that made it look like the was quite alot of computer generated stuff? i do hope that isnt the case. cgi has a particularly plastic sheen that would be a dis-service to the "warmth" of stop-motion animation.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
'end of the century' - ramones doc. dunno why but i came out liking johnny the best. then tommy. then joey. then dee dee. probably the ol sliding scale of smarts.

rufus wainright (sp) documentary - alright for a mincer

Weird,
my sentiments exactly re: the hierarchy of soundness in the Ramones. Johnny might be a right wing nut but he seemed to have the courage of his convictions. I particulalry liked when he was asked if he was emotional when Johnny died. Thats hardcore. Joey and Dee Dee, couldn't be lookin' at them. Fckin psych jobs, in a bad way. Tommy. Tommy's aight. This film kinda ruined the Ramones for me. Whadda bunch of shitty personalities. 'Cept Johnny.

That Ramones doc was very interesting. I didn't really know that they were all actually complete misfits for want of a better word. They were all so fucking weird (except the drummer) and nothing they did was an act, which I had assumed it was, considering I knew little to nothing about them before hand.

Also:
The Life Aquatic - still really like it second time around. Wes Anderson's alternate universe is fine by itself, I don't think it has to prove anything to anyone.

Amelie - It might be gay how much I like this film. Audrey Tatou, mon dieu! Elle est trop jolie.

dudley said:
its pretty entertaining, i found it easily sustained its length

but it is pretty grotesque, non stop scat and incest

I have a one euro bet going that the creep in the hot-tub in The Aristocrats is the same guy that played the creep in Kinsey who mentioned having sex with assorted pre-pubescent children.

I'm right, no?

That guy is vile.

Dead Ringers
I love this movie. It's full of distinctly wrong personalities, horrifying co-dependence and fucked weirdness. Beautiful set design (all the cold 80s minimalist rooms and horrible barbed, shiny surgical instruments, hooray for german expressionist nightmares!) and costumes (the crimson gowns) and of course, Irons stalking around, losing his fucking marbles x2.

the life and death of peter sellers. overall, i didn't really like this film, but the acting is superb.

Bluto said:
Saw Lord of War last night - I won't see it again
I had to make the choice between seeing this or history of violence last night. I think i made the right choice. Although i will say that history of violence is defo not for the kiddies but not for the cinema either. I would have preferred to watch it at home! probably had something to do with the dumb cow behind me who giggled everytime violence or nudity was on screen. Good movie not great like other people have been saying!

Wilbert said:
It's shit, isn't it? Thinks it's so smart. A movie for dumb people.

yip - thought it was terrible. As soon as Nick Cage started narrating I said "oh fuck here we go" and so it went.

It really just glosses over the characters and doesn't deliver anything except a hollywood version of arms dealing. The "controversial" text at the end of the movie is probably what sparked people to think this movie was noteworthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back