What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

The eyes of Tammy Faye:

Quirky, kitschy and full of silly hot steppin' Christians,
Among America's first televangelists, there were Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker. Famed for founding the multi million dollar Christian network PTL (Praise the Lord) Network and 'Heritage USA'- a religious theme park
Very funny, but beware, it's not all mascara and rouge.

Highlight:
spontaneous bursts of
tears atop a frightened camel

i saw revolver last night..we went with the intention of seein somethin shit but this by and large surpassed any shit i've ever seen in my life..after 10 minutes i had no clue what was happenin..all the fuckin choral music and ray liotta in his undies..it was totally just guy richie tryin to make somethin that he thought was 'edgy' and some kind of psychological thriller..in actuality it was just a pile of balls..

House of Wax - Really enjoyed this. Classic 'bunch-of-teens-end-up-off-the-beaten-track' horror movie. Kinda like Scream meets the Texas Chainsaw Massacre but with Paris Hilton (i.e. not original at all but a good laugh). Kingdom of Heaven - Good film. Easily the best of the recent load of historical epics that came out. Probably a load of shit but I reckon my historical epic standards are pretty low after Alexander, Troy and King Arthur. American Crime - Meh... dull. Rips off too many films that were far better. Plot is all over the shop.

Rocky Road To Dublin at the third attempt following two sold-out showings! Absolutely brilliant. Everyone should see this: RTE should show it on TV... revived an ailing dislike of the church in me. My parents grew up in a shit hole.

Watched Welcome to Sarajevo which was ok-ish.

Also saw Napolean Dynamite - I thought this was really funny etc. but can't understand why it has such a cult status. Its no Big Lebowski.

Arlington Road.
I went into the kitchen at an important bit and missed something.
What did his girlfirend see that made them kill her????

aoboa said:
Arlington Road.

I missed every crucial part of that film on account of my lady wanting to watch 16 things at the same time.

Went to see A History Of Violence the other night. It's not very clever or hard hitting and it doesn't really have a point or anything, but if you like to see people (a) getting shot in the head or (b) having the nose beaten off their face, then it's wonderfully entertaining. Also watched Spongebob Squarepants the movie, which wasn't as absurd or hilarious as just watching a bunch of episodes. Also Coffee and Cigarettes; would have been completely dull and self indulgent if it wasn't for great performances from Jack White, Steve Coogan, the RZA and Bill Murray.

seanface said:
i watched ghostbusters. made me feel like a kid again. the look on the stay puft marshmallow man´s face to convey the fact he´s a badass is priceless

pure evil like:)

nobody steps on a church in my town..
if he wants to step on the one in sallynoggin that's grand though

i watched Rocky IV last night
brilliant!
i got really wound up and wanted to start a fight when he started training

burnin' with determination
to even up the score

Hearts on Fiiii-re
Strong Desiii-re
rages deep within
hearts on fire
fever's rising high
the moment of truth draws near

fucking amazing! my cousin looks like Dolph Lungren

aoboa said:
Arlington Road.

His bird saw the evil guy sneakily meeting someone in a carpark and followed him to a delivery place where he was doing some dodgy stuff. She realised her bloke was right about evil guy being evil. She rang her bloke from a payphone to say she agreed that the guy was evil and when she turned around evil wife was standing there looking evil. Next thing you know the bird is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back