What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

watched a dirty shame, john waters new film( one of my favourite directors). brilliant, nearly fell off the couch once or twice from laughing so much. then started to watch palindromes, but, just wasn't in the mood for it. not after the hilarity of a dirty shame. should have got another comedy.

saw broken flowers..total bag of wank..i fell asleep after an hour but according to the boy i didnt miss much..ah well on to the aristocrats..

the corpse bride. not that good. animation/visual aestetics are amazing, but the story is piss-weak and predictable.

Batman begins - really, really enjoyed this.
Amytiville Horrer (remake) - meh, some good bits though. More effective than the orginal.

the football factory - still think it's deadly...but less deadly than when i first saw it. want to watch ID again.

the omen II - fell asleep - waht happens at the end?

MONDOBRUTALE said:
the omen II - fell asleep - waht happens at the end?

SPOILERS!

His uncle tries to kill him (Damien) but he is killed by his wife who has always known who Damien is. All of this happens in the museum where his uncle went to get the knives. The Museum his burned down with his aunt and uncle inside. Damien is led off by his chauffeur to fulfil his demonic destiny! I used to love this movie when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in years.

Went to see Broken Flowers last night. Was really stoked about going to see it, but found it overall to be a bit disappointing. Bill Murray plays dead pan to the extreme; yes, we get it, now stop it. It's a pretty under-developed storyline, which results in a lazy ending. It could be said that the movie is about something more than the ostensible mystery, but nonetheless, a more conclusive ending would have been nice. Having said all that, I still love Murray and the movie has some lovely moments.

watched an ancient VHS copy of National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation at the weekend.

Still split my sides.

Tempting
B000B73GU8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

finally saw the aristocrats..thought it was pretty fuckin funny..i loved sarah silverman and the south park bit..they were actually warning people that were buying tickets that its explicit..but i didnt think it was really all that bad..to be honest i expected it to be worse..maybe thumped has desensitized me to rape and handicapped jokes..but a few people walked out..the 2 couples next to us and 3 people in front of us all did..and we were sittin like 3 rows from the front so there were probably a lot more..worth a see i suppose..but its finishing on thursday in ugc if anyone wants to see it!!

Why we fight

BBC4 Documentary about the rise of the Military Industrial Complex in the US post WWII, and the role (or r[SIZE=-1]ôle)[/SIZE] of think-thanks (PNAC) and neo-cons (Wolfowitz, Bill Kristol, Richard Perle et al) in foreign policy-making.

Fantastic, highly recommended.

muffin said:
finally saw the aristocrats..thought it was pretty fuckin funny..i loved sarah silverman and the south park bit..they were actually warning people that were buying tickets that its explicit..but i didnt think it was really all that bad..to be honest i expected it to be worse..maybe thumped has desensitized me to rape and handicapped jokes..but a few people walked out..the 2 couples next to us and 3 people in front of us all did..and we were sittin like 3 rows from the front so there were probably a lot more..worth a see i suppose..but its finishing on thursday in ugc if anyone wants to see it!!

I might go, but I'm concerned that I'll walk out because of sheer boredom. Aren't they all just telling variations of the same joke?

Plus, of the names I recognise here, half are jerks:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436078/fullcredits

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back