What is the worst job you've ever worked?.....ever. (2 Viewers)

I'm the only person on thumped who has never had a shit job. Thanks be to jaysus.

I'm sure there are others. I've never worked in job that I hated more than I enjoyed.

As a kid summers were either spent working on the farm or picking fruit. When I got a bit older I discovered that I could get paid for picking other people's fruit (strawberries), and spend time with my friends while doing it. I loved it.

The worst job I can imagine involves working with horrible people. Seeing some of the horror stories here makes me very grateful.

She grew up.

blood_car_movie_poster.jpg

"the retarded good-time movie of the year"

Anyone ever do deli work? I usually just work in the shop on the tills at weekends (dead easy, shite pay but I get to play whatever music I want and I work with a friend) but before I left for here I was in the deli for 2 months. My god that was tough. The place needs at least 4 people to run the deli well but it really had 2.5 people..

Yeah did a bit, it was grand bar having to deal with cops while still off me face from teh night before.

at a manual handling course the other day the genius pressing next on the powerpoint display rebuked us saying " I'm not telling you this for the good of your health"

But he was! Never been on one myself, but I've heard great stuff about them manual handling courses. Safepass was enough for me.

I'm the only person on thumped who has never had a shit job. Thanks be to jaysus.

Nah I've been pretty lucky too. I have had to deal with some horrible clients though but at least it's only for a short period of time.

reported for work and was led to an office miles away from anyone else. on the desk there was a 4 foot pile of newspapers, two yokes of prit stick, a sicsors and a massive scrap book like we had in primary school.

i lasted a day.

this sounds a bit like my favorite job. every day for two years i used to cut up 3 or 4 copies of the irish times and paste all the stories on to a4 pages then file them all away according to topic. it was a bit like play school and i used to be able to buy cheap books and get free tickets to unmentionable gigs. that only took about half of my time, the rest would be spent on the phone with people like kevin myers and lara marlowe helping them with their articles.

this sounds a bit like my favorite job. every day for two years i used to cut up 3 or 4 copies of the irish times and paste all the stories on to a4 pages then file them all away according to topic. it was a bit like play school and i used to be able to buy cheap books and get free tickets to unmentionable gigs. that only took about half of my time, the rest would be spent on the phone with people like kevin myers and lara marlowe helping them with their articles.

How can one go about getting a job like this?

ah, after reading these my worst job doesn't seem that bad, but anyway...

was on a j1 in America and got a job working for a big Radio/TV corporation, looking after reception for three radio stations. Basically sat on my arse listening to the radio all day. Which would have been fine except my supervisor was a complete bitch - she was totally obsessed with Jesus and my desk (really 'her' desk) was covered in all this crazy religious stuff.

She was such a horrible evil bint to me on my first day that I cried on my 15 min breaks, and my lunch break - in the toilet. Boy, that was fun. I can't remember everything she did 'cos it was 4 years ago but she was just so nasty about everything, including making jibes about me needing to get to the gym!

The weirdest thing was she kept giving me shampoo - bottles and bottles of it. But I wash my hair every day, so...I dunno.
But her excuse was she went to the Black Women's Expo a few months before and bought lots of shampoo so she didn't need the others. So every week or so I'd get another shampoo (sometimes half used...). Bloody weird. She'd also give out like shit if a package for the sports channel upstairs ended up at my desk but I felt so sorry for the UPS guy I'd always end up getting in trouble for not checking all the items. Now, all she'd have to do was walk up a stairs or ring someone to pick up the package but instead she'd have a freak attack.

She seemed to warm to me though 'cos on the last day she gave me a bracelet and a badge saying 'Berry Best'. I didn't have the heart to tell her my name is Barry, not Berry. I was there when she trained in the new temp and the poor girl was absolutely terrified.

Oh and I had to deal with twits on the phone all day giving out about not being able to understand me etc. But she was the worst thing.

Did three years in a grocery store/deli too. Making sandwiches was the worst part. I'll never eat from a deli again after seeing how long the food can be left out for...

I'll never eat from a deli again after seeing how long the food can be left out for...

a friend of mine used work in abrakebabra on baggot st and she said they had a 10 second rule about burgers that fell on the floor - if it was on the floor more than 10 seconds they'd bin it, if they picked it up in time they'd serve it. she also worked in a hotel in the isle of wight and used to wipe the toilets with the towels :D

Anyone ever had a job where they've had to watch their boss hurling heavy objects at the window, roaring like some kind of tortured hog, then dropping to the floor in a foetal position, rocking and moaning?

why did you ever leave?

Jesus... a lot of bad memories dredged up empathising with all these SHIT JOB EXPERIENCES!!!!

The worst job I ever did was IBM in Blanchardstown, that wasn't actually too bad (except I didn't have a clue what the fuck I was supposed to be doing), but then a bunch of us were moved to Swindon for a month.

Swindon

I still didn't know what I was doing but I was also living in a travel lodge in THE WORST TOWN IN THE WORLD. Somehow it got a bit worse. After three weeks the rest of the Irish team (who were a bunch of goons) went back to Dublin to leave me on my lonesome.. then they told us that in fact we were there to learn the job of the english team so they could all be fired and we would do their job in Dublin. They didn't like me much then

Swindon is famous for having a round-about that has four other round-abouts around it-

mr.jpg

A-HA!

52608pw400.jpg

Swindon is famous for having a round-about that has four other round-abouts around it-

mr.jpg

Man o man.

That shit would'nt go down well round my way.
Fucking mongo's round here would be getting embolisms if they had negotiate that bad boy.

i'm handing my notice in on current poxy job this week. gonna head over to london next month. need a break from dublin for a while. hey ernesto, i could be working with you in the bingo hall soon enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back