What is the worst job you've ever worked?.....ever. (1 Viewer)

collecting glasses in dolans warehouse in limerick is probably mine. i had to take my watch off at the start of the night so i wouldnt keep looking at it and seeing that only 5 minutes had gone by since i last looked and not an hour like it always felt. i guess thats not so bad :) most of the staff were pricks too. thats probably unfair now that i reflect upon it. there were a few pricks there though

workin in a hat shop in SanFran 2001 on my J1. Mad biatch owner:
*) Accused me of stealing 20 of her big huge african gown things
*)invited me to a baseball game then made me pay for the tickets (and tried to get me to buy her fries),
*)loudly announced to her customers that i was spending too much time in the toilet
*) asked me to type-up her novel as she dicated it - the novel was about a rich black shop owner who took a young, homeless white irish man under her wing and they fell in love - it 'get's kinda hot' she warned me
*) used to take bites of my sandwich at lunch time - most notabe occasion when she snapped my unopened snickers in half and slammed a chunk in into her mouth saying "MM! SNIKAS!!!" then she reached for my sambo but accidentally punched it off the table onto the floor, then walked out announcing "YOU ONE CLUMSY FUCKA!"
*) She also opened my Pepse bottle one day and took a big napolean dynamite style slug out of it coating the nozzle with clumpy red lipstick
*) I quit and she left a message on my phone crying saying she was sorry and to call up because she owed me some pay. I couldnt resist the money, so I turned up. she then tried to wrestle me for my social security card threathening to get me kicked out of the country. heh heh! mad woman!

True story. Good times.
It was actually pretty funny.

hmm. that sounds pretty awful. not nearly as bad but my first job was pumping gas and repairing car tyres in a garage when I was about twelve, for the princely sum of £1.50 an hour. whiff of child labour off that one. it was the only job I ever got fired from, after I fucked this pretty high profile horse trainer and UTTERLY IGNORANT CUNT from the locality out of it on the forecourt one night because he was being a raving bullying dickhead. still feel good about that to this day.

I've been pretty lucky with jobs. plus I've been on college/on the dole a lot. trying to find a job as I type this actually. ugh. and my sister got laid off from hers today. ouch. work sux.

workin in a hat shop in SanFran 2001 on my J1. Mad biatch owner:
*) Accused me of stealing 20 of her big huge african gown things
*)invited me to a baseball game then made me pay for the tickets (and tried to get me to buy her fries),
*)loudly announced to her customers that i was spending too much time in the toilet
*) asked me to type-up her novel as she dicated it - the novel was about a rich black shop owner who took a young, homeless white irish man under her wing and they fell in love - it 'get's kinda hot' she warned me
*) used to take bites of my sandwich at lunch time - most notabe occasion when she snapped my unopened snickers in half and slammed a chunk in into her mouth saying "MM! SNIKAS!!!" then she reached for my sambo but accidentally punched it off the table onto the floor, then walked out calling announcing "YOU ONE CLUMSY FUCKA!"
*) She also opened my Pepse bottle one day and took a big napolean dynamite style slug out of it coating the nozzle with clumpy red lipstick

True story. Good times.
It was actually pretty funny.
haha. class!

shipping/logistics warehouse in ashbourne. temp job...
everyday for 12 days in a row there was nothing for me to do so the manager would ask me to "sweep up the muck and the shit" off the floor. place was the size of a shopping centre.
3rd day in i was hiding behind a massive pallet of dog food crying.

hmm. that sounds pretty awful. not nearly as bad but my first job was pumping gas and repairing car tyres in a garage when I was about twelve, for the princely sum of £1.50 an hour. whiff of child labour off that one. it was the only job I ever got fired from, after I fucked this pretty high profile horse trainer and UTTERLY IGNORANT CUNT from the locality out of it on the forecourt one night because he was being a raving bullying dickhead. still feel good about that to this day.

I've been pretty lucky with jobs. plus I've been on college/on the dole a lot. trying to find a job as I type this actually. ugh. and my sister got laid off from hers today. ouch. work sux.
Whats did he do?
This?
bullyL2810_468x350.jpg

Working as a kitchen porter in Pizza Express (Milano's down South). It was grand for a while, then they started trying to pile more and more work on me without giving me more money for it or even more time to do it. Then they started trying to shortchange me on hours I'd worked so I'd actually have to physically check the hours worked records every day to make sure I'd been paid right. Then I quit because he got so fucking shit it was intolerable and depressing.

I was tricked into working in MacDonald's.

It was terrible. I used to hide in the -20C blast freezer, because no one looked for me in there.
I was wearing the uniform... consisting of a t shirt and light poly kaks. I'd be in there for upwards of quarter of an hour.

My only pleasure was tormenting a manager. I ended up being fired because the skin on my hands fell apart because of all the chemicals they made us use.

Honestly one of the most scarring things I have ever done.
Unfucking believably depressing.

Lollipop Lady at the airport.

Because we weren't official Lollipop ladies we weren't allowed wear the offical Lollipop Lady cap and our sign said 'please stop'. They didn't have to if they didn't want to.

No way that is almost exactly what i was going to type. I worked in a Texaco pumping gas and got fired for another guy pumping too much into cars. Child labour etc. Cunts. I also worked in Phone Pak which was even more depressing, i worked with Ernesto in fact. I had like one day training and i was opening and closing and running shops on my own around Dublin/Meath. Horrible experience. I used to lie to customers saying i hadn't the right equipment to connect them to the network just so they would go away. The company is now safely in liquidation. Goodtimes:).|..|

kitchen porter in eddie rockets. i only lasted half a day. they showed me the grease traps i was supposed to clean on a regular basis. i didn't come back after lunch

R and L demolition and waste removal.New York.Mostly involved shovelling dead pigeons and rats up from behind convenience stores in the mankiest parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx.....$65 a day.To be collected on a friday from Arthur Daly's(I shit you not)pub on McClean Avenue,Yonkers.A half a day journey from me gaf.kept that up for 3 months until I found a worse job....
Working for this unbelievable cruel and obnoxious Clare man,demolishing subway platforms and carring the rubble in bins on our back's up the stairs(hundreds of) to street level.At night.10pm-7am.That broke my spirit completely after 3 weeks and accelerated my fondness for the booze dramatically.That bastard,now that I think of it, had me and two Ecuadorian lads digging a basement in downtown Manhattan on PADDYS DAY....IN THE RAIN!Fuck I'd forgotton about that.......

I got a great job after those two though and lived happily ever after sort of.

kitchen porter in eddie rockets. i only lasted half a day. they showed me the grease traps i was supposed to clean on a regular basis. i didn't come back after lunch

Good for you.

my first job was pumping gas

I worked in a Texaco pumping gas

Did ya'll grow up in louisiana?

I lasted a week making pretzels in the Famous Players cinema in Toronto. They had this thing where they would ring a bell and ALL staff had to rush to the centre of the foyer and do this chant in front of all the customers. I always ran for cover whenever I saw one of those manager cunts go anywhere near the bell. When they told me I was being moved to the pizza hut stall, I never went back.

night packer in lidl. midnight to 7/8 am five nights a week. pay was shite, mini hitlers everywhere. only good point was there was no managers around at night so we could race around the empty lidl store on pallet trucks. weeeeeeee!

worked in a dingy chipper in a seaside village once for "the local businessman" who was the cheapest cunt ever, all the food was bought from lidl, loads of smelly drunken fuck fisherman ordering fish cakes only to change their order 15 minutes later and say "juscht cod 'ill do boy". we were allowed one burger at the end of the night. sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back