What is the worst job you've ever worked?.....ever. (1 Viewer)

kitchen porter in eddie rockets. i only lasted half a day. they showed me the grease traps i was supposed to clean on a regular basis. i didn't come back after lunch

Ha! that's exactly what my sister did

Rathmines?

My worst job is my present one; 12 hour shift, minimum wage, no pension or other benefits, alternating night shifts, boring, repetitive bullshit job, low worker morale, everyone blaming everyone else for mistakes, repetitive stress injury in hands developing..

but the canteen is subsidised

I worked in Siemens in Hinckley in the industrial heartland of England for a few weeks refurbishing (i.e. cleaning) broken point-of-sale computer things. 12 hour days, plus a 45 min commute at each end, working between a guy who boasted about his GBH conviction and a babbling raver. The boss would fire 2 or 3 people a day just to keep everyone on their toes

Hey guess what? Most of those guys had no hope of ever getting a more pleasant job. Bleak

Old people's home. In addition to wiping arses one woman used to make me clean between her toes.

Folding newspapers for 8 hours a day right next to the printing press was probably the worst though for smell, noise and boredom.

Ha! that's exactly what my sister did

Rathmines?

My worst job is my present one; 12 hour shift, minimum wage, no pension or other benefits, alternating night shifts, boring, repetitive bullshit job, low worker morale, everyone blaming everyone else for mistakes, repetitive stress injury in hands developing..

but the canteen is subsidised

Oh no.Good luck with that man.

Putting safety seals on aspirin bottles for 8 hours a day 5 days a week in a building with no air conditioning for a summer. Granted, I did buy my first junk heap car with the money.

Planting watermelon seeds in Carnarvon, Australia.

6am-3pm on my knees, bent over placing three seeds in the soil and moving a yard down the line to repeat the process.

A curious mixture of mindnumbing tedium and physical exhaustion, for ten dollars an hour.

i worked in a shoe shop for old women, a lot of them couldnt bend to try them on so id have to do it for them, uggg touching old feet.

I worked in a plastics factory in a miserable village that was an hour's drive away making DEODORANT BALLS, loading plastic into machines. Then after a week of doing that for normal hours, the weekend consisted of two twelve hour shifts. Every so often I had a few days off but it was still desperate. It was a four cycle shift (I now dread that phrase). And when I wasn't working I was sleeping and having stress dreams about hte machines. And everyone thought I worked in a ping pong ball factory. Most of the people working there treated me like crap because I was from the city and they though I thought I was better than them. The only upside was one mad aul lad who used to play draughts with me in the canteen and show me all the enormous bugs he used to find under the machines.

The worst ever was O2 call centre though. I have no funny stories about it because it was not funny at all, but getting fired (for nothing, but did I care?) was the happiest day of my life!

I have more too - Tellabs in Shannon, GE in Shannon, a meat factory in Holland, numerous kitchens. Ugh. Bring on the recession.

Working a night shift in a car park and having syringes pulled on me at least once a week was one lowlight of my illustrious career.

I once ran an internet forum for a load of pretentious indie fucks and aggressive metallers. They argued about the smallest little things and nearly got me sued on a number of occasions. Eventually offloaded it to some chump called Pete.

I once ran an internet forum for a load of pretentious indie fucks and aggressive metallers. They argued about the smallest little things and nearly got me sued on a number of occasions. Eventually offloaded it to some chump called Pete.

for pricks and owls yeah? it's a shit business.

this thread is enthralling. real heart breaking stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back