Where The Eagles Dare (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
Today some of the people at work were talking about going to see The Eagles, apparently tickets are €90 minimum. They're doing 2 nights, and they will be generating a fucking shitload of money. How much though?

I started to do a quick ballpark calculation to see how much money will be made by the promoter and how much The Eagles might make out of that, and realised I had no idea of what any of the bits and pieces would cost.
Have any of you ever attempted this kind of exercise? @Vinnie? Was it @Annpost or @therealjohnny who has actually played there? Anyone interested in putting our heads together and trying to figure out rough prices for the following?

3arena Point Depot hire: ?? Does this fluctuate with the proposed ticket price / likelihood of selling out / some nefarious Live Nation stuff?
20 x Flights from Glasgow for band and crew: ?? (Or tour bus? Which is cheaper?)
3 x (estimate) 40ft trucks for P.A., lighting & backline etc, Glasgow-Dublin: ??
P.A. hire: ?? (I know they'll be bringing this stuff with them, but will they own it or have rented it for the tour? Either way, an expense)
Lighting hire: ?? (Same as above)
Local Crew: 15 people for load-in, 15 people for get-out. Maybe 4 spot operators for both nights: ??
Promotion / posters / radio / press etc: ??
5 x posh hotel rooms x 3 nights: ??
15 slightly less posh hotel rooms x 3 nights (lighting guy, sound guy, monitor guy, guitar techs, drum tech, tour manager, production manager, PA and lighting technical managers, merch manager, security guy, pa's etc): ??
Ticketmaster cut: ??
Insurance: ??
Any other significant expenses I'm forgetting?

They're doing 2 nights. Capacity of the Point is 9,500 seated (13,000 normally). Cheapest ticket is €89.50. I have no idea of the price or amount of other tickets on offer. So, at a minimum, they'll be bringing in €1,694800.

Anyway. I can do reasonable guesses on a few of these, and will take a crack at it when I get some time. But if anybody can help fill in the gaps I'd say this might turn out to be an interesting experiment.

(Edit to correct the venue capacity, forgot it was a seated gig)

Last edited:
It's probably not going to be three trucks. Lighting is in house and they might bring 2-3 engineers and a laptop. Same with sound, they'll bring most of their backline and off stage gear.

I would say three trucks would be a conservative estimate for a band that big
Where concert ticket money goes: who's getting rich off live music's golden age?

Trucks of what though? live video things i looked at suggest not much stage crap and a fuck ton of acoustic guitars, a few nice 2x12's and stuff. Not like they are gonna bust out of a cake or anything. They probably have a flight case for casual shirts judging by the promo stuff.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iJBi2qxmFYQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Trucks of what though? live video things i looked at suggest not much stage crap and a fuck ton of acoustic guitars, a few nice 2x12's and stuff. Not like they are gonna bust out of a cake or anything. They probably have a flight case for casual shirts judging by the promo stuff.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iJBi2qxmFYQ/maxresdefault.jpg
Tom Petty in the Point a few years ago had maybe 3 roadies for every musician and the band was about 10 strong. From the article above supposedly "30 articulated trucks on the road not being uncommon for the biggest shows". Not sure how accurate that is.

Tom Petty in the Point a few years ago had maybe 3 roadies for every musician and the band was about 10 strong. From the article above supposedly "30 articulated trucks on the road not being uncommon for the biggest shows". Not sure how accurate that is.

apparently there are 48 on the next metallica tour. but they have about 3 custom stages and multi guitar points and custom lights and pyro. I don't know what accountant would let a band bring 48 trucks to ireland for one show.

the eagles tour is hitting loads of 12,000 seaters around the uk with IRL at the end. One of those venues lists max truck access as 12 trucks. like, maybe, maybe they need 2 trucks. maybe.

TBH i think its a bit notiony to presume bands would pay the cash to bring a full rig across the Irish sea when they can rent here. The mid economic boom chant of 'dublin is a european city' isn't gonna ring as well with the eagles accountant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back