What is the worst job you've ever worked?.....ever. (2 Viewers)

alan partridge... wasn't that linton travel tavern? which is north east of london. "equidistant between london and norwich" apparently. I know this because I got lost driving out of stansted a few years ago. and yes, swindon is a SHITHOLE.

Your from patrickswell?? You worked in that Texaco opposite the Post Office? Jesus man. Tough times. Though I live in Kildimo so it's not much better at all...
kildimo!? small world. I don't live too far from the ferry bridge, which I'm sure you're well familiar with. yeah. patrickswell. a hellish fuckhole. nothing an ever increasing circle of JCBs wouldn't fix though. :)

I installed some software in a meat rendering plant (where the unused bits of animals get destroyed, mainly cows and sheep). They cook the animals and grind them in to a powder. My bit controlled a tank with valves and pumps which allowed fish waste in with the other waste.

One half of the plant smelled of raw rotting dead animals and the other of cooked rotting dead animals, with an overriding stench of ammonia. My computer screen was located right next to the cctv screen for the crusher, where the skulls and bones got broken in a big metal spinny teeth thing. No matter how much I tried I could not stop myself from sneaking a peak at it every now and then. My clothes took 4 washes to remove the smell. My laptop smelled for 2 weeks and my car smelled for a week just cos the smell rubbed off on it.

I worked with a lad who nearly drowned in human shit. He said it was just about to enter his mouth when he was pulled out of the tank. He was installing equipment in a sewerage treatment plant.
holy. shit. petethedrummer wins!

I was a chamber maid/night porter. Shortly after I left the person doing the night porter job brutally murdered someone in the kitchen. I could have been that murderer/murderee!
weird. I actually think I know who you're talking about... if I'm right, he used to be a security guard in UL before. I know this because he stole my phone when I worked there. he was fired from there after he was caught robbing a bike or something. he really upped his game after that. what a fucking scumbag.

i'm handing my notice in on current poxy job this week. gonna head over to london next month. need a break from dublin for a while. hey ernesto, i could be working with you in the bingo hall soon enough

i doubt it; if i dont get a call back from a certain place on Monday, ill be home for hallowe'en. until i can afford to get the fuck out of ireland again. bah!

those bingo fucks never paid me for my two lousy days work. how do i get money from them? and who do i report them to for bad treatment of employees?

i was a santa out in dundrum 2 years ago..street santa, not store santa, handing out pens and toothbrushes....buuuut...a guy comes up and says 'Santa? Do you know who owns that car?' 'No' says I-Santa. 'Well i just saw a guy in a blue tracksuit with gold rings open the door, grab a wallet and leggit up the road. So if someone comes back and gets upset that their wallets gone give them that discription.' An hour later a guy matchin the description approaches...i'm freaked and tempted to call for Santa Backup or the Gardai..he's a serious lookin piece of work..me brother later says i shoulda decked him on the spot..he walks over to the same car..opens the door..seatbelt..checks mirrors..pulls out safely...twas his bleedin car...wanted to loaf Mr.Busybody Citizen..not a worst job but i like stories and i enjoyed telling mine as much ye did yours

we should have a best job ever thread too.

I worked in this fancy wine/beer bar over here when I was over on the old J1 visa thing.

The entire staff were mutilated drunk all of the time. The management didn't notice because they were so coked off their brains.
I used to rob all this drink and give it into the Mexicans in the kitchen and get them hammered too.
When you are flying about the place working you don't even realise how locked you are.

And then at the end of the night, you're trying to sum up all your stuff, work out your tip and all of that, and you'd be annihilated. You'd not be within a 100 dollars of the right amount on a regular basis. The management would be asking you what the fuck happened the next day.

There was even a massive fight one night when all the Korean hard cases came around and started drinking whiskey and causing trouble. The owner of the place got picked up and fucked clean over the bar into the bottles of spirits.

Magic.

I still know a few of the staff from that place now. Still total pissheads. One of them had a grand plan to go into business with me growing weed in Canada.
Probably would have made us both minted.

That was my life for nearly fifteen years.

i was a santa out in dundrum 2 years ago..street santa, not store santa, handing out pens and toothbrushes....buuuut...a guy comes up and says 'Santa? Do you know who owns that car?' 'No' says I-Santa. 'Well i just saw a guy in a blue tracksuit with gold rings open the door, grab a wallet and leggit up the road. So if someone comes back and gets upset that their wallets gone give them that discription.' An hour later a guy matchin the description approaches...i'm freaked and tempted to call for Santa Backup or the Gardai..he's a serious lookin piece of work..me brother later says i shoulda decked him on the spot..he walks over to the same car..opens the door..seatbelt..checks mirrors..pulls out safely...twas his bleedin car...wanted to loaf Mr.Busybody Citizen..not a worst job but i like stories and i enjoyed telling mine as much ye did yours

Deadly

assembling cardboard boxes.

That was actually my favourite job in the meat factory, if I could get it. Every morning all us eejits who worked there had to stand in a group on the factory floor and different team leaders would come along and take groups of us to do different horrible, meaty jobs. Usually if you could manage to hide until the end (difficult if you're tall, I am) you'd end up assembling boxes or filling pallets for the day - score! Much better than sorting through mashed up animals with your bare hands or the "blood room" or standing around for hours in a giant freezer.

This thread makes me love being a secretary. :heart:

That was actually my favourite job in the meat factory, if I could get it. Every morning all us eejits who worked there had to stand in a group on the factory floor and different team leaders would come along and take groups of us to do different horrible, meaty jobs. Usually if you could manage to hide until the end (difficult if you're tall, I am) you'd end up assembling boxes or filling pallets for the day - score! Much better than sorting through mashed up animals with your bare hands or the "blood room" or standing around for hours in a giant freezer.

was there somebody with the job of hosing out the animals intestines? an australian former housemate of mine told me he lived in some town in england for a while where there was nothing to do. one time his friend came to visit from australia and so for lack of anything better to do they went on a tour of the local abbatoir where they were taken in to a room where some poor guy was hosing out the intestines. i'd hate to have that job but it'd be even worse to have tour groups brough in to watch. apparently the animals would walk up some ramp thing and then get whisked away by machinery and be sliced and diced etc. he said that the cows all knew something was up but the sheep didnt have a clue.

we should have a best job ever thread too.

I worked in this fancy wine/beer bar over here when I was over on the old J1 visa thing.

The entire staff were mutilated drunk all of the time. The management didn't notice because they were so coked off their brains.
I used to rob all this drink and give it into the Mexicans in the kitchen and get them hammered too.
When you are flying about the place working you don't even realise how locked you are.

And then at the end of the night, you're trying to sum up all your stuff, work out your tip and all of that, and you'd be annihilated. You'd not be within a 100 dollars of the right amount on a regular basis. The management would be asking you what the fuck happened the next day.

There was even a massive fight one night when all the Korean hard cases came around and started drinking whiskey and causing trouble. The owner of the place got picked up and fucked clean over the bar into the bottles of spirits.

Magic.

I still know a few of the staff from that place now. Still total pissheads. One of them had a grand plan to go into business with me growing weed in Canada.
Probably would have made us both minted.

0001737c10dr.jpg

Terrible job yes.loads of lovely free steaks and stuff though I'd guess.

Terrible job yes.loads of lovely free steaks and stuff though I'd guess.
The canteen had free meat alright. Not steaks though, and that's no good to the veggie likes of me anyway.

I forgot to give out about the canteen! It was racially segregated! Dutch tables and foreigners tables, and never the twain would sit together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back