What is the worst job you've ever worked?.....ever. (2 Viewers)

Anyone ever do deli work? I usually just work in the shop on the tills at weekends (dead easy, shite pay but I get to play whatever music I want and I work with a friend) but before I left for here I was in the deli for 2 months. My god that was tough. The place needs at least 4 people to run the deli well but it really had 2.5 people..

Yeah. wasn't the worst, though it did drive me mad. Literally like. There was one boss I had there....jesus he gives me the rage even still.

I was never a chugger but I did spend an afternoon stopping people on the street and asking if they'd like to do a "fish tasting survey", "Would you like to taste some fish ma'am? You'll get a voucher." After two hours no one had agreed to sample my fishy flavours, so they just told me to fuck off home.

Nearly all of my jobs have been awful. That's what happens when the business world is full of horrible thick cunts who sell useless shit that no one would ever want and certainly would never need, so they just end up sucking the very soul out of society itself.

My current job is alright though.

Replenishing milk fridges for 9 hours a day.
The manager once remarked
"well...9 times out of 10 that wont happen seventy five percent of the time"

at a manual handling course the other day the genius pressing next on the powerpoint display rebuked us saying " I'm not telling you this for the good of your health"

Anyone ever do deli work? I usually just work in the shop on the tills at weekends (dead easy, shite pay but I get to play whatever music I want and I work with a friend) but before I left for here I was in the deli for 2 months. My god that was tough. The place needs at least 4 people to run the deli well but it really had 2.5 people..

Yeah twas grand!The hot counter meant there was at least 6ft between you and anyone,merciful for early morning weekend work,and you could spend the morning constructing the type of sandwich that could quickly bankrupt a company,also had friends that worked in a nearby vidjo shop,so I fed them and they fed my eyeballs.

at a manual handling course the other day the genius pressing next on the powerpoint display rebuked us saying " I'm not telling you this for the good of your health"

"More backchat please"

My worst three:
Packing boxes of sellotape, dusting yule logs with 'snow' in a cake factory and unintentionally robbing a pizza oven for dodgy lads.
Leeds 1999.

workin in sam's barbers on dorset st for 200 euro a week. christmas eve in there was a particularly bad fuckin day. having to run my slender fingers through goofed out junkies' scabies ridden hair was mantatory. they always woke up when you went near their fringe though. always!

we should have a best job ever thread too.

I worked in this fancy wine/beer bar over here when I was over on the old J1 visa thing.

The entire staff were mutilated drunk all of the time. The management didn't notice because they were so coked off their brains.
I used to rob all this drink and give it into the Mexicans in the kitchen and get them hammered too.
When you are flying about the place working you don't even realise how locked you are.

And then at the end of the night, you're trying to sum up all your stuff, work out your tip and all of that, and you'd be annihilated. You'd not be within a 100 dollars of the right amount on a regular basis. The management would be asking you what the fuck happened the next day.

There was even a massive fight one night when all the Korean hard cases came around and started drinking whiskey and causing trouble. The owner of the place got picked up and fucked clean over the bar into the bottles of spirits.

Magic.

I still know a few of the staff from that place now. Still total pissheads. One of them had a grand plan to go into business with me growing weed in Canada.
Probably would have made us both minted.

My worst three:
Packing boxes of sellotape

One of my lecturers in college worked packing boxes in the sellotape factory. After he got the first of the 200 or so degrees he has now he handed in his notice. His boss, flabbergasted at this, told him "Don't quit now, I was just about to promote you. If you stay you could be the guy who puts-the-cardboard-insert-thing-onto-the-machine!"

I installed some software in a meat rendering plant (where the unused bits of animals get destroyed, mainly cows and sheep). They cook the animals and grind them in to a powder. My bit controlled a tank with valves and pumps which allowed fish waste in with the other waste.

One half of the plant smelled of raw rotting dead animals and the other of cooked rotting dead animals, with an overriding stench of ammonia. My computer screen was located right next to the cctv screen for the crusher, where the skulls and bones got broken in a big metal spinny teeth thing. No matter how much I tried I could not stop myself from sneaking a peak at it every now and then. My clothes took 4 washes to remove the smell. My laptop smelled for 2 weeks and my car smelled for a week just cos the smell rubbed off on it.

I worked with a lad who nearly drowned in human shit. He said it was just about to enter his mouth when he was pulled out of the tank. He was installing equipment in a sewerage treatment plant.

jesus.

i fell asleep last night to bingo numbers being called out in my brain. which is why i woke up vowing never to go back in there.
hope i get paid though.

jesus.

i fell asleep last night to bingo numbers being called out in my brain. which is why i woke up vowing never to go back in there.
hope i get paid though.

Bingo halls actually exist? Like open every day? They're not just on Saturdays in the basements of churches with numbers being called out by priests? Huh.

door to door sales! 'selling' Concern sponsorships.

ten hours a day knocking on doors (including saturdays)

it was such a soul destroying job that when you got back to the office at the end of the day, the employers would try and make it fun by saying "juice by you" to each other and having weird ceremonys like:

if you got 8 sales - You got to ring a bell in the middle of the room!
ten sales - you got to wear a special pair of shades and high five everyone in the room!

every friday they would take turns to go out to the main street and scream " Thank crunchy its friday" even though we had to work saturdays, always thought that was odd.

I once saw the bare feet of one of the guys who had worked there for 2 years and they looked like they ahd been attacked by lump hammer with herpes

I was 19 and foolish. God, the more i think back on it the more it sounds like a cult! if anyone left the job, no matter how long they were there, they were never mentioned again.EVER

I remember that bell! Was that place called volcara or something similar, on capel st.? Went to an interview there once after replying to an enigmatic help wanted ad that in no way described the job. All the way during the interview I was slowly pegging that this was going to be a shite, door to door begging affair. So I cut in on the interviewer:

Him: You'll work in an exciting, competitive sales enviroment..

Me: Is this a door to door thing?

Him: Our customers many well known brands, including...

Me: Is this a door to door thing?

It was a door to door thing. Didn't take job.

Bingo halls actually exist? Like open every day? They're not just on Saturdays in the basements of churches with numbers being called out by priests? Huh.

They're pretty big business over in Britland. My sister used to drink in one when she was in college over there because it was cheaper.

yep, 12 hours a day with an hours beak in the middle.
hell.
6531.jpg

Jesus... a lot of bad memories dredged up empathising with all these SHIT JOB EXPERIENCES!!!!

The worst job I ever did was IBM in Blanchardstown, that wasn't actually too bad (except I didn't have a clue what the fuck I was supposed to be doing), but then a bunch of us were moved to Swindon for a month.

Swindon

I still didn't know what I was doing but I was also living in a travel lodge in THE WORST TOWN IN THE WORLD. Somehow it got a bit worse. After three weeks the rest of the Irish team (who were a bunch of goons) went back to Dublin to leave me on my lonesome.. then they told us that in fact we were there to learn the job of the english team so they could all be fired and we would do their job in Dublin. They didn't like me much then

Swindon is famous for having a round-about that has four other round-abouts around it-

mr.jpg

oh - heh heh! Also, in transition year I worked in a fertiliser company.
My job was to scrub caustic acid stuff onto plastic sacks of fertilizer to remove the original brand/company name. Then afix a sticker over the same spot with my employers brand and company name on it.

burning eyes, burning throat, stinging hands every day

"work experience"

does the bingo hall in whitehall still operate?

i had a friend who used to sell something for eircom, i forget what. he told me that one day he went into work and there was a bit of a fuss. at one end of the office they had set up curtains and nobody was allowed to look behind them. then at about 9.30am everyone was called over to gather around the curtains and there was a short count-down before the curtains were drawn to reveal a large up arrow illuminated with flashing lights and it was announced that starting that morning they would be selling some new thing on the phone. then everyone had to go back to their desk. my friend implied that the motivational value of this excercise was minimal.

I once worked for a fella gutting the interior of an old office space in Dublin, although there was still people working there. He had me up in the attic in the dark ripping out asbestos. Then we got broken into overnight and all his tools were robbed. The thieves did a diahorrea shit on the carpet.
The owners were too cheap to buy a new one so I had to scrub it out of the carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back