Wedding Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
ohh wowzers..all of these thumped babies and weddings!!

Congrats to helena and john and to code ninja and his respective other half...

all this wedding talk is making me feel very giddy..

We should also acknowledge that Coraline and snap-apple may be the first thumpeders to marry EACH OTHER and Helena and John will be the second, which makes it a trend.

Who said anything about John? I got rid of that loser months ago. I've a new fidanzato now, Guido. He says after we're married I can move in with him to his mom's house and learn to launder cashmere properly.

we had a tea/coffee style reception at the hotel. Free bar = no way.

our wedding favour was a compilation CD. Designed a cover and all.
individually burned by hand. Not fun.

i know a couple whose wedding invitation was a compilation cd and the tracklisting gave an explanation for each song..it was very very sweet..

99017.jpg

Sorry.

drunkbride.jpg

This is exactly what I'm expecting just after the ceremony is over. So rather than try to kid myself by booking a fancy hotel or anything, I'm ringing Mahaffeys to see if Jim can knock together 100 toasted ham and cheese sandwiches. That'll be our reception sorted.

Among Italian-Americans, that's essentially what is known as a 'football wedding'.

You'd rent out the local VFW, invite everyone under the sun, and there'd be big platters of sandwiches. 'Football' comes from, "HEY, someone throw me a pastrami!" followed by a 25-yard pass from yer granny.

Among Italian-Americans, that's essentially what is known as a 'football wedding'.

You'd rent out the local VFW, invite everyone under the sun, and there'd be big platters of sandwiches. 'Football' comes from, "HEY, someone throw me a pastrami!" followed by a 25-yard pass from yer granny.

The latest in a long list of (not all entirely mob related reasons) why to wish to be Italien American.

thats entirely sensible.
Id rather elope(with myself if necessary) than spluge hideous ammounts of cash on a day most people will be too pissed to remember the second half of.

The tradition of serving mead at a wedding to wish the guests well is the origin of the 'honey' in honeymoon.
not true, apparently.
it's a reference to the first month of marriage being the sweetest; and this got linked to the practice of going on holiday after getting married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back