Wedding Thread (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
congrats Ian. for some reason I had you marked down as one of those grumpy single people, you dark horse you.

have dress for Jane's wedding party. it has stars on it. all is right with the world :heart:

congrats Ian. for some reason I had you marked down as one of those grumpy single people, you dark horse you.

have dress for Jane's wedding party. it has stars on it. all is right with the world :heart:

Gah! Damn you! I still need a dress. Grrr. And have I mentioned before how much I hate shopping? Anyone fancy doing it for me?

Gah! Damn you! I still need a dress. Grrr. And have I mentioned before how much I hate shopping? Anyone fancy doing it for me?
there are feck all party dresses in the shops at the moment as well, except for the awful ones left in the sales.
if i'd had the €€ i'd have gotten something fancy and gorgeous from Coast, but luckily New Look came up with the goods. now I just need shoes and some sort of wrap/shrug/cardigan device. ho hum.

You don't have to dress all fancy if you don't want to!

Anyone know anybody who can do 'wedding hair'? I'm doing my own makeup, but fucking hell, no one seems to do hair! My hairdresser doesn't do it, and the woman who does the wedding hair in the salon is away until the following week. And everyone else who does hair is either busy or away or otherwise unable. And hair is something I'm truly crap at doing and need to have done for me.

Gah.

Double gah.

Also, re: flowers. Everyone should tell the flower industry to eat my shite. We are going to go to the flower market and just get some and tie 'em with ribbons, and all we're doing are bouquets (2 for me and my best woman and one smaller one for the flower girl) and buttonholes for the boys. But just to be sure, Mr Jane's sister rang a dude that another dude knew to find out about three small bunches of spring buds, nothing fancy. Quote? TWO HUNDRED THIRTY EURO. Which is just over 1000% of what the flower market is going to charge. No shit. Fucking hell. Who actually agrees to pay that? I mean I understand using the occasion to splurge on a few things that are of exceptionally high quality, but these are exactly the same fucking flowers. Nothing special. Same shite. I actually don't understand how it's even legal to do that shit. To sell the exact same product at two vastly different prices.

Anyone know anybody who can do 'wedding hair'? I'm doing my own makeup, but fucking hell, no one seems to do hair! My hairdresser doesn't do it, and the woman who does the wedding hair in the salon is away until the following week. And everyone else who does hair is either busy or away or otherwise unable. And hair is something I'm truly crap at doing and need to have done for me.

Gah.

Double gah.

Also, re: flowers. Everyone should tell the flower industry to eat my shite. We are going to go to the flower market and just get some and tie 'em with ribbons, and all we're doing are bouquets (2 for me and my best woman and one smaller one for the flower girl) and buttonholes for the boys. But just to be sure, Mr Jane's sister rang a dude that another dude knew to find out about three small bunches of spring buds, nothing fancy. Quote? TWO HUNDRED THIRTY EURO. Which is just over 1000% of what the flower market is going to charge. No shit. Fucking hell. Who actually agrees to pay that? I mean I understand using the occasion to splurge on a few things that are of exceptionally high quality, but these are exactly the same fucking flowers. Nothing special. Same shite. I actually don't understand how it's even legal to do that shit. To sell the exact same product at two vastly different prices.

Wedding hair is overrated. When I was my cousin's bridesmaid we did each other's hair. My sis got our hair done for hers in this place in Carlow. They were amazing, but man I hated my hair that day. It was sprayed solid and there were exactly 115 clips holding it all in place (we counted them when my brother and a friend were helping me to take them out that night) and when we took them out not a hair moved out of place. I think that experience may have had a lot to do with me getting all my hair chopped off a few weeks later.

Wedding flowers are a total rip off. Much better to do them yourself, they'll be nicer too. My sis got my Aunt and her Mother-in-Law to do the flowers for her wedding (we did the table arrangements) and they were really beautiful. To answer your question about who agrees to pay - lazy people! If you have the money and don't want the hassle then I guess it's probably worth it.

Wedding hair is overrated. When I was my cousin's bridesmaid we did each other's hair. My sis got our hair done for hers in this place in Carlow. They were amazing, but man I hated my hair that day. It was sprayed solid and there were exactly 115 clips holding it all in place (we counted them when my brother and a friend were helping me to take them out that night) and when we took them out not a hair moved out of place. I think that experience may have had a lot to do with me getting all my hair chopped off a few weeks later.

Wedding flowers are a total rip off. Much better to do them yourself, they'll be nicer too. My sis got my Aunt and her Mother-in-Law to do the flowers for her wedding (we did the table arrangements) and they were really beautiful. To answer your question about who agrees to pay - lazy people! If you have the money and don't want the hassle then I guess it's probably worth it.

Yeah, the soon-to-be-sisters-in-law are doing the bouquets with stuff from the flower market and are having a great time playing around with flowers. I dunno, they're flowers, so duh, they're gonna be nice! They'll be simple and they won't cost a lot, and it's more personal (and automatically nicer) if someone who is into doing stuff like that enjoys it.

The hair! Soon-to-be-Sister-in-law is super-duper and suggested this evening something I really wish i'd thought of, which is to go to one of those old-lady hairdressers who still use those big dryers you sit under and hot rollers and cheapo lacquer hairspray, which really is the best (I do want my hair to stay in place, and I know it'll take about half a gallon of shampoo to get it out). She went to her for her own wedding and they all got really cool 1960s styles which is pretty much what the little old lady does best.

So I'm going to look into that, and if that doesn't work, I'll just practice and do my own, maybe with help from my cousin or something. I'll just do something really simple, maybe get some hair supplies that I can use again and try it loads of times.

Jane, about wedding hair,

The little old lady idea is good, there is a little place like this in Sandymount which i can't remember the name of but I can ask my sister.

The woman doing my hair is Susan Peggs, I had a trial with her a few weeks ago and she is totally amazing. She's based in Naas but comes to your house on the wedding day. Her number is 045 881727.

Another idea is Brown Sugar in town, I've hear they do fab wedding hair, and they do makeup too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back