Wedding Thread (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
So give us the lowdown, Ian. When, where, clothes, chair covers etc.

Thanks guys!

Did'nt realise I came across as a grumpy single guy. I think I'm more of the grumpy gettin' hitched type.

When: This august, end of summer.
Where: In New York city.
Clothes: Prolly shorts and a t-shirt, but more than likely a man-from-del-monte suit for me. Dunno what herself has decided on yet. (I'm not supposed to know anyway.)
Chair covers: I have no idea. Whatever we sit on in the fancy restaurant will suffice. I can guarantee, the party we throw upon our return to Ireland (the afters) will have no chair covers.

Its all very exciting.

My wedding hair will more than likely be a "one" blade all over.

I came in to work this morning, having been messing around with makeup, and apparently I have made a total mess of my face. According to two little twats on the way in, I am also hilariously obese, which makes me feel real good.

I am doomed on the day because I'm shite at makeup and I can't afford to have it done. And I had a dream the other night that no one turned up and that everyone who promised to help turned around and told us to shove it up our holes and I had to walk to the church in my dress. Which is kind of what has happened on some fronts. Thankfully the sisters-in-law have stepped in to help, but I can't ask them for more than they're already doing and it feels wrong to ask anyone else for favours because it's supposed to be me throwing a party for everyone else, not making people do shit for me.

I feel like crying because there are people with bigger problems in the world and at the moment, I am being totally selfish and shallow.

Here Jane,

I'm mates with Tony in Foundation.

Tell him I sentcha

Oops, crikey. I just saw this!

So far everything is an unmitigated disaster. I can't believe how mean people can be. It's mind-blowing how fucking awful we're currently being treated by people who should know better. I've barely stopped crying. We spent wedding money to fly people over and they've totally blown us off. Even stood us up at the rehearsal dinner. They're meant to be driving me to the church tomorrow (in a rental car we paid for) and we haven't heard from them.

Not even thanks for the free holiday.

I'm fucking devastated.

My brother invited himself to the rehearsal dinner, though, and said nothing to me except to insult me on the way out. I can't wait until tomorrow is over.

Oops, crikey. I just saw this!

So far everything is an unmitigated disaster. I can't believe how mean people can be. It's mind-blowing how fucking awful we're currently being treated by people who should know better. I've barely stopped crying. We spent wedding money to fly people over and they've totally blown us off. Even stood us up at the rehearsal dinner. They're meant to be driving me to the church tomorrow (in a rental car we paid for) and we haven't heard from them.

Not even thanks for the free holiday.

I'm fucking devastated.

My brother invited himself to the rehearsal dinner, though, and said nothing to me except to insult me on the way out. I can't wait until tomorrow is over.

what the fuck?

also I didn't realise it was tomorrow.

have a great day regardless of the shite.

yeah fuck em all

I've heard countless stories of families and friends ruining wedding days

tell all to get t' fuck and have a great day

Sorry to hear about those let-downs - the run-up to a wedding is always stressful and worrisome, but on our day a once-in-a-lifetime peace just descended on us both so I hope the same happens for you and Mr Jane.

Hey :)

Sorry to hear your day before the wedding is not going well.
Can you ask some other non nasty friends to step in and do the driving you to the church etc?
And the strategic placing of people to prevent the nasties ruining things is a great idea.

Hope you get everything sorted and you have an amazing and happy and peaceful day tomorrow.

ps Looks like god is on your side, weather forecast for tomorrow is starting frosty and mainly dry, could be one of those lovely crisp blue sky days...

Aww Jane. Sorry to hear there's been some bad vibes. I hope it picked up and that you both have had (are having!!!) a great day!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha ha Pantone, that clip just brightened up my day.

Really sorry to hear folks are being dicks, Jane. Let it wash over you and enjoy your day, I'm sure it'll be fantastic. :) On my wedding day I just visited each table once, then said "fuck 'em all, that's me done". Then I got pissed and danced all night.

Families are a pain in the arse. Half my in-laws decided not to stay in the hotel they'd asked me to book, on my credit card.

*grumble*

It will get sorted... See you tomorrow!

well it looks like you got a corker of a day jane!!Hope you and mr. jane have a fantastic day and fuck all the haters!!It's yr big day after all!

Wedding DJ quote: €800.

Does anyone know anyone who can operate an iPod and judge a crowd for a more affordable fee? I would even prepare a playlist of songs we wanna hear to make it super easy if that helps. (Is this telling someone how to do their job?)

Ha ha, I missed all the posts from just before the weddin'. That Baby Got Back first dance is ALMOST like ours. Except I fell on my bee-hind.

Anyroads, as far as wedding DJs, basically, if you know what you want to hear, you're paying 800 quid to avoid having a 2-second gap between songs. We made mix cds, had pals make some of their own, and then we just slapped 'em on, and then people who felt like spinning tunes took turns back there. We didn't want anyone who didn't know us doing our wedding music, and anyone who knew us was already invited.

In retrospect, we should have been a bit more organised, like had people offer to do half an hour apiece in advance because the best man got stuck back there for a good while.

Really, though, it was kind of more the way it works at a party, where people just get pissed and turn into deck-hogs, which is half the fun.

Are you still thinking of La Floridita? They were amazing in the end, by the way. The food was fucking incredible, and the space is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back