Water Charges (1 Viewer)

apparently there was 100 or so at the protest initially. A few more gathered when extra cops started arriving after they blocked in the car. It was when the helicopter arrived that hordes of local scrotes ran over to see what was happening.

I don't know whats so surprising about that.

Yer man Paul Murphy is some tool though. He could easily have deflected this by saying the trouble wasn't caused by protesters, but by unrooolie yoooofs that came by intent on throwing bricks and stones.

Ruth Coppinger stood her ground admirably on Morning Ireland as did Paul Murphy on Ray Darcy, despite the hosts attempts to demonise the protesters again

I've never listened to Ray Darcy before. I thought he was cool...I enjoyed his run on The Den about 20 years ago..but he came across like a cross between Gerry Ryan and Joe Duffy, sneering and harrumphing at the proles who dare to raise their voices. What a dick.

i moved the dial to d'arcy when kenny took over. i thought he was good with paul murphy e.g. on "peaceful" protests, bit of subtle reductio ad absurdum. d'arcy's been fairly even-handed in his water commentary so far but he was right to call murphy to account for his irresponsible behavior yesterday i.e. if you call a protest you bear some responsibility for ts outcome, good or bad. had to laugh when murphy said he "will be moving into the area" he now represents. out boyd-barrets even boyd-barrett himself.

WWN nailed it:
Speaking about the incident, the man insisted his protest was peaceful, saying he had ‘hit no person’ during the ordeal, which saw dozens of his fellow protesters barricade middle aged politician Joan Burton into her car while they peacefully rocked her back and forth for three soothing hours.

There is a tearful woman on Joe Duffy talking about needing to emigrate

Her baby is crying in the background

includes the always-an-indication-of-a-good-article "The Oxford English Dictionary defines" line.

Ha. I laughed at that too.
Maybe he got his Leaving Cert-aged son to write it.

The paper fails to disclose that he's a PR gun for hire and has written a history of the FG party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back