Water Charges (2 Viewers)

Has anyone considered the tin foil hat theory that enda & co are in a bind that FF tied, and as regards their jobs they have to stick with it, and in that case the only way they can kill it is by making it so unpopular it dies of natural causes?

I meant to reply to this but instead it appears I quoted myself. What a dope. Anyway, the reply is below.

I'm not sure they can kill it without losing more legitimacy. They didn't have to introduce water charges but now that they have their essentially stuck with it.

The December 10th march will be a big one, yes?

Media fear-mongering and government concessions on water pricing and PPSery might keep some away. Still, hopefully the turnout equals/surpasses what's gone before.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

fair play to joe higgins - his lips hardly moved once - and to murphy who's clearly used to having a hand up his arse.

"i wish i could fly, right up to the sky..."

Am I the only one who thinks that covering up for rapists should be a bigger story, and should anger the public more, than the water charge one is?

This is re SF/Mairia Cahill?
I guess its harder to get exercised over something that happened 20 years ago in a different jurisdiction than it is over something that takes money out of your pocket, particularly after 6 years of the same.

Am I the only one who thinks that covering up for rapists should be a bigger story, and should anger the public more, than the water charge one is?

It was horrible what happened and should be investigated fully. I think the other parties used it as a political stick to beat Sf with and distract from what is happening now. The provos list of sins is a long one.
Water charges are current and urgent.

Well it should be. There were few victim groups complaining that they've been trying to get an audience with the taoiseach for 12 years and got nowhere. It is defo being used as a beating stick. There is no reason it shouldn't be investigated and dealt with, but the tactic of using it to divert the attention of concern on water charges shouldn't be successful either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back